Chapter 11: Mt. Natagumo #2

...

'I should've went the other way..'
Tanjiro thought

"TANJIRO HELPPPP"

"HAHAHHWHHAH"

The two yell, Zenitsu tries jumping onto Tanjiro. He falls face first into the ground. Tanjiro stands next to him, having moved out the way. He doesn't say or do anything but continues to walk. Tanjiro barely takes a step before stopping.

His nose is flooded by a familiar smell. A smell he knows way to much in fact. Zenitsu is sitting on the floor and Inouske standing there. They watch as he freezes for only a moment then runs off. Inouske follows after him leaving Zenitsu behind.

"Wait! Don't leave me here by myself!"
Zenitsu cries

Zenitsu reaches out for them but they're already gone. He quickly scrambles to his feet and chases after them.

...
No one said it would be easy
...

The three run, the dark not making it any easier to see.

"H-help me.."

A voice calls out making the three stop. Tanjiro stops in front of an injured and scared looking guy; with a serious look on his face.

"He's got your uniform on. He's a demon slayer. Something must've happened"
Tanjiro says

He runs forward followed by the two and starts to bend down to help. As he tries to help the person in front of them gets yanked into the air and back into the darkness.

"I was still connected, too! Help meee!-"
The guy yells

His voice fades into the distance. The three look on shocked, Zenitsu covers his mouth looking as if about to pass out. The same smell hits tanjiro harder this time making him flinch a bit.

"I'm going..."
Tanjiro said

Suddenly Inouske pushes past him to stand in front. Tanjiro doesn't say anything, he just watches on.

"I'll head in first. You can tremble in fear and follow me. I'm hungry..."

"You mean, you're hungry for battle..?"
Zenitsu shacks

He sits on the floor shivering in fear. Inouske just throws his arms up and laughs.

"Here I come!"
Inouske shouts

Inouske rushes forward, Tanjiro does too. Zenitsu stays sitting, hugging his knees, watching as they run off.

...
???
...

Deep in the forest a young girl sits atop a tree with her legs dangling... Demon slayers suspended in the air, seemingly tied up. Limp, none moving...

A head picks out from behind some trees...smiling. In the distance a bulky figure stands on a ledge, a little above the ground. The figure hurries off back into the shadows made by the trees.

A bits way from there sits a female with long white hair...She sits there staring into the moon that sits in front of her.

Something isn't right about them... They are.-

...
With the two
...

Inouske leads the way as they ascend deeper into the mountain. He stops and Tanjiro does two. He looks over Inouske shoulder to see whats wrong. Inouske looks at his hands that are cover in a stringy substance.

"What is this?"
Inouske asks

They look around but see nothing out of the ordinary. For the most part, there seems to be an odd number of spider webs everywhere.