Chapter 16: Shinobu Kochou

(So because of my schedule changing I skipped a big part of what happens in the anime. A lot happened the past 2 weeks. I'm sorry again)

(Where it left off last chapter is: 28:50 in the anime.)

...

Giyuu had just beheaded Rui, lower moon 5. Tanjiro was limping over on the floor from exhausting his demon blood art. Giyuu goes over to Tanjiro and looks down at him.

"Tanjiro...excuse my absence"
Giyuu says

Tanjiro looks up at him without saying anything. Giyuu is about to say more but looks up quickly. Tanjiro is confused but then Giyuu steps over him and unsheaths his katana. Tanjiro closes his eyes and turns his head. The sound of katanas clashing are heard over him. Giyuu stands up again, in front of Tanjiro. The two look as a female slayer skids to a stop and spins around to face them.

She has a smile plastered on her face. She wears a white, pink and green haori with the pattern of a butterflies wing all over it. Her hair is black fading into purple, she has a butterfly pin in the back as well. She holds her Katana up eyeing Tanjiro, her smile never leaving.

"Ara ara, Tomioka-san!~ Protecting a demon are we now?"

"..."

"Quiet as always I see. This is why no one likes you, you know~"

"I'm not disliked by people, Kochou"

"Aww...What a pity, you don't even know"
Shinobu teases

She continues to smile, like it never drops. She returns her attention to Tanjiro and steps forward. Giyuu gets in a defensive pose standing between the two.

"You do know he's a demon, right Tomioka-san?"

"I'm aware. He's...a friend"

"Really now? That sure is a surprise! Well then, I can inject him with a gentle poison so he doesn't suffer. Is that ok?"
Shinobu asks

She looks at Tanjiro while asking the last question. He stares at her through narrowed eye's. Tanjiro stands up and growls at her. He steps in front of Giyuu. He does not look mad from her threat but rather the fact she's being rude to Giyuu.

Shinobu just gives one of her close eyed smiles. Giyuu is puzzled by Tanjiro protecting him now. He can't help but feel warm inside from his action. He hides it behind his stotic expression. Tanjiro smells his emotions anyway, which only makes him want to defend Giyuu more.

"Oh my, looks like I have offended your little demon friend here"

"Who are you calling little?"
Tanjiro snaps back

Shinobu smiles but is clearly irritated now and Tanjiro can smell that. She lounges forward. Giyuu sees that Tanjiro is mad and about to strike at her. He pulls Tanjiro back and blocks Shinobu's attack himself; not wanting Tanjiro to do anything rash. Shinobu jumps back after being blocked. Giyuu holds Tanjiro close.

"Tanjiro, no."

"But-"

"Caw, caw! I have a message from headquarters! Bring them back! Bring them back!! Giyuu Tomioka and a demon boy, Kamado Tanjiro!"
The crow caws

Giyuu and Shinobu sheaths their katana's as the message is being said. Tanjiro calms down then shrinks down to the size of a child. Giyuu picks him up and walks with Shinobu back to headquarters.

.
....

Ta-da, magic. Like I said in the beginning a lot happened these past two weeks. My camping trip was moved and I was busy the whole week prior. I still wanted to update so I quickly wrote this chapter.

My apologies.