Chapter 18: Butterfly estate

...

Giyuu and Tanjiro walk to the Butterfly mansion. Tanjiro holds his hand as they walk. Neither of them say a word as they walk. Once they do make it to the Butterfly mansion they head inside. Shinobu is with them and leads them to a room where they can rest in.

At the Butterfly mansion Tanjiro and Giyuu stay in a room to rest. Tanjiro lays asleep to regain his energy. Giyuu is sitting next to him, waiting for Tanjiro to wake up.

...
The next day
...

Tanjiro starts to stir awake from his slumber. His eyes open as he sits up and looks around. Tanjiro sees he's alone in the room but he can hear the noises of others in the Butterfly mansion. He yawns and rubs his eye's.

People walking down the hall are heard through out the mansion. He slides the door of his room open. Tanjiro walks out, looking around, he starts walking down the hall. He looks for Giyuu, he doesn't know where he is but keeps looking. When he passes the nurses they look at him with hesitation because of him being a demon.

Tanjiro doesn't necessarily do anything about it, he just looks at them then looks away. He keeps walking through the halls trying to find Giyuu. Aoi is walking by, heading to the recovery room, when she sees Tanjiro.

"U-uh...Are you Tanjiro..?"
Aoi asks

Tanjiro looks up at her, his pupils turning into slits. He no longer has a need to hide he's a demon. He has his demon features out again. Tanjiro nods at her question and slowly walks over to her. Aoi tenses when Tanjiro starts getting closer. He stops a fair distance away with his head tilted to the side.

Tanjiro sends an inquiring look her way. It looks like he's curious about the tray Aoi is holding. He shakes his head and goes back to his main focus. He wants to find Giyuu.

"Where's Giyuu?"

"Oh–He's in here"
Aoi says

She opens the door to the room they are standing in front of. Sounds of talking can be heard right after. The two enter and there stands Giyuu. Zenitsu and Inosuke are laying on the beds with the recovery clothes on.

Tanjiro glosses right over Zenitsu and Inosuke, looking right at Giyuu. He walks over to him with a happy look even though he doesn't smile.

"Ah...Tanjiro, did you come to find me?"
Giyuu asks

Tanjiro nods in return. Giyuu gives him a head pat; Tanjiro hums happily from it. As the two do that Aoi goes over to Zenitsu with the tray. She sets it down near the bed and picks up the contents on the tray. Zenitsu sees it and his eye's widen.

"AAAHHHHHH!! DON'T MAKE ME TAKE THAT DISGUSTING MEDICINE!!"

"Stop screaming and take your medicine! You'll never heal properly without it!"

"WAHHHH!! TANJIRO, DONT LET HER GIVE THE MEDICINE!!"
Zenitsu screams

He hops out of bed and clings to Tanjiro. Aoi stands with her hand on her hips and a stern look. Giyuu and Tanjiro stare down at Zenitsu as he cries. Zenitsu looks up at Tanjiro only to stop crying for a second. A look of horror spread across his face.

He's only ever seen Tanjiro when his demon features aren't out so he thought Tanjiro was human. Zenitsu let's go of Tanjiro and stumbles back. Tanjiro stares at him with slit pupils and his nails sharp. When he speaks his fangs become visible.

"What..?"

"Y-y-you...YOU'RE A DEMON!? AHHH!!"
Zenitsu yells

Giyuu's eyes narrow when Zenitsu yells out. Zenitsu stares at Tanjiro then Giyuu right before passing out. Tanjiro quickly catches him before he hit can the floorboards. He places Zenitsu back on the recovery bed then stands next to Giyuu once again. Aoi sighs from Zenitsu's reluctance to drink the medicine and passing out.

"Now I'll have to force him to take his medicine later."

"...Sorry"

"Huh- Oh, no it's not your fault, it's his for being stupid"
Aoi says

Tanjiro nods and watches for a few seconds as she goes over to Inosukes side of his bed. She tends to him and they bicker a bit as well. Tanjiro and Giyuu exchange glances, in sync, they shuffle out of the room.

.
...

I don't remember when I last updated but I hope it wasn't to long.

Short announcement:
I believe I go back to school on the 21st, I'll try my best to keep updating regularly.

Have a nice day/night.