Chapter 7: Control

[Slight spoiler form Manga]

The blood demon art that had been used before was basically muzans. Since muzan had given tanjiro a hefty amount of blood. So I've just made up a demon art for tanjiro. (It's like nezuko's)

...

-
Night has fallen and the duo are walking down a random road. Giyuu is thinking about tanjiros blood art. He looks over at tanjiro who is spaced out again.

'Should I do something about his blood demon art..?'
Giyuu thought

At the first turn they come across, giyuu stops tanjiro. Tanjiro stares at him with his head slightly tilted.

"Tanjiro, we have to do something about you. I don't want you to lose control again..."

"Oh...I guess so"
Tanjiro mumbled the last part

Giyuu let's out a small sigh. They turn the corner with giyuu leading.

"We're going to an abandoned village so you can practice"
Giyuu stated

Tanjiro doesn't reply to giyuu's statement. He's lost in his thoughts rather then the moment.

---
At the village
---

They stop in the middle of the village. Tanjiro scans all the broken houses curiously. He turns to giyuu.

"How did you know about this place.?"

"I've passed it a few times, I don't know how long it's been abandoned"
Giyuu answers

Tanjiro just nods then looks up at the full moon. The moon looks noticeably brighter then usual. It calms tanjiro down for some reason. The bright moon and quietness of the village might be the reason.

Giyuu sees tanjiro's shoulders relax. He goes over to tanjiro and places a hand on his shoulder. Tanjiro looks at him with a gentle smile. Giyuu takes his hand off tanjiro's shoulder.

"Are you ready now?"

"Yes"
Tanjiro says

Giyuu moves to the side, now sitting on the porch of an old house. He watches tanjiro carefully as he starts. Tanjiro closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He feels something happen though it's not what he felt before. Opening his eyes he sees fire around him; It goes out when he loses focus.

"What was that"

"I-..I'm not sure..."
Tanjiro trails off

Giyuu thinks for a moment before standing up.

"You could have multiple arts"
Giyuu states

Not knowing what the answer is tanjiro just nods. He focuses on the fire that he had just created. His hands go up in flames but it doesn't burn him what so ever. Looking down tanjiro is mesmerized by the fire, he stares in 'awe'. He turns to giyuu holding out his hand for him to see.

"Look"

"Mhm..what can you do with it?"

"Oh- I don't know."
Tanjiro says

Tanjiro turns away from giyuu then throws his arms forward. Fire shoots from his hands, it turns all of a sudden and starts to go in circles. The fire becomes closely packed, it has now formed a tornado. In a flash it explodes leaving behind some glowing particulars.

Wowed by the action he just did tanjiro does it one more time. The same thing happens, he stares at the at it in awe. Giyuu stands on the sidelines surprised as well.

'He's having fun with it, I guess...'
Giyuu thinks

Tanjiro appears in front of giyuu startling him a little. He balances himself then looks back at tanjiro.

"Did you see?"

"Yes, now let's see what else you can do. I'll help you."

"Okay"
Tanjiro agrees

Tanjiro continues to train, with giyuu helping him throughout the night.

---
Hours later
---

The moon is setting and the suns starting to come out. They trained all night, practicing, again and again.

"And...Now!"

Fire shoots and spins around a piece of broken off wood from the houses. It sets on fire, with a snap it explodes sending pieces of wood flying. A wood piece flies at one of them. Giyuu dodges the flying piece. He stands up once more looking over to tanjiro.

"Are you ok..?"

"Mhm."
Giyuu Hums

Giyuu gestures to tanjiro for him to follow. Tanjiro follows giyuu into one of the homes. They look around until they find a small, not to shabby looking room. Giyuu slides over to the corner of the room and sits down against the wall.

Exhaustion hits tanjiro when he lays down. He curls into a ball by giyuu's feet. Giyuu puts a hand on the teen, he blinks only to find tanjiro noticeably shrinking in size. He blinks a few times, but just shakes it off. Giyuu pulls tanjiro closer and lays his head on his lap.

Closing his eyes, giyuu, falls asleep soon after.

---
An hour ½ later
---
(Fun fact: giyuu's bird is old, which leads to miss heard missions!)

"Caw. Caw."

Giyuu and tanjiro wake up to the caws outside. They look out the small, mostly collapsed window to see giyuu's crow. The two get up and start to head outside. On reaching outside the bird flies into giyuu. He picks them right up and sets them down.

"Mission-..at misu-ru val forest."

"Misu forest?"

"Caw. Head to Mitsu forest."
Cried the crow.

Giyuu only sighs then watches as his crow struggles while flying. Tanjiro grows back into his normal size, he tugs on giyuu's haori. Gaining his attention giyuu looks back at tanjiro.

"Where is misu-ru forest..?"

"Just follow me."

"M-kay..."
Tanjiro yawns

Giyuu leads them out of the village with tanjiro still grabbing onto him.

.
(Misu or misu-ru is known for it's meaning: mistake)
---
Later
---

They enter a village to rest for a bit and eat. While walking around they pass many interesting and colorful looking booths. Tanjiro is viewing the place when a clothing booth catches his eyes. He stops, pulling on giyuu making him stop as well.

"What's wrong?"

"Clothes."
Tanjiro says

He gestures to the booth, giyuu looks up to see the booth. They walk over as someone walks away. The owner smiles at them and waves.

"Hello, take whatever you like! I'm Hanako."
The women exclaims

Giyuu nods and the women walks away to someone else. Tanjiro looks around at all the eye catching kimonos, haoris and yukatas. He picks them up as he searches. While, giyuu, on the other hand is doing the same; but not for himself. He is searching through the clothes for tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, look"
Giyuu says

Tanjiro looks over to see giyuu holding up a black men's kimono. The additional accessories being red and a low contrast yellow.

"I like it"
Tanjiro smiles

Giyuu hands it to him, he waves over hanako. She walks over to the two with a smile. He pays for the clothes and thanks her, the two walk away.

---

Heyyheh! School ✨

See you next weekend.

Hanako fact:

'Flower girl'
Hanako was once such a common name in Japan, but it's gotten much less popular as the legend of Hanako-san has spread.