Chapter 23: Demon twins

...

"Shut up."
The first one says

The second one, that always seems to be grinning, snarls. She does a dramatic and unnecessary flip off the large ball. She lands perfectly on the ground next to it as the other just hops off.

"You know, Aku, your a real bitch!"

"No one asked you Akuma!"
The demon twins argue

...
Aku; meaning Evil. Akuma; meaning Demon. Took me 10 minutes to look for fitting names.
...

As Aku and Akuma argue with each other, throwing unsavory words out there, the trio are confused. Zenitsu whimpers with his body visibly shaking in the presence of the two demons. He clings to Tanjiro and sobs. As he's there sulking about the situation Inosuke jumps up and laughs.

"Inosuke, no-"

"AHAAHAHA!"
Inosuke laughs

Tanjiro doesn't have time to react before Inosuke runs at the demon twins with his katanas raised. He swings at them and does manage to cut off one arm from each demon. They immediately stop their bickering and jump away. Akuma goes back to grinning at the attempt and Aku's frown just deepens. Their arms regenerate after a second.

Akuma laughs then suddenly juggling balls that are ablaze appeared in her hands. She juggles them incredibly quickly before throwing them at Inosuke. They move like an in coming train towards him. He barely just manages to jump out of the way before they hit him.

The balls hit the ground then burst into an explosion of green flames with an undertone of blue. Aku lunges at Inosuke right after the attack from Akuma. As she's about to strike down on him a line of what looks like pure red fire wraps around her wrist.

It circles her wrist then explodes, blowing off Aku's hand. She growls and steps back, her attention now turned to Tanjiro. Her wrist grows back not a moment to long later.

"Oh. Look at this. It's a demon protecting these pathetic demon slayers. How ironic."

"Oo~ You know, this just got more interesting!"
Akuma blurts out

Inosuke now stands near Tanjiro again as well as Zenitsu—who we all know is clinging to Tanjiro. He stays silent, a glare being thrown at the twins. A silent warning to step down. They don't, obviously. Tanjiro has his signature bright red fire coming from his hands. It glows brightly and sparks as he throws another attack towards the two demon sisters.

This time the flames circle the twins together. This traps them in a tight circle of red flames. Akuma reaches out to try and see if she can walk through it. The answer is no. She can't. It burns her arm immensely. The pain is unbearable as she pulls away with a shriek.

"Ugh! What the hell!? That's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair, Akuma. I hope he burns you more.

"Shut up you slu-!"
Akuma curses

The fire starts moving increasingly fast. The wind whips around which blows the trio slightly back. Tanjiro holds his stance to not get blown back, the two holding him. Soon the flames have become a tornado which explodes sending the twins flying. They scream and land in areas separate from each other. Burns scar their skin from Tanjiro's fire.

"Tanjiro, you saved me! But what should we do now!?"

"You and Inouske stick with each other. Go after one, I'll go after the other."

"HAHA, alright! I'll kill her myself!"
Inouske announces

They rush off in separate directions after that. Inouske and Zenitsu going after Akuma while Taniro goes after Aku.

...

Idk

If you haven't seen the conversation page on my profile check it out. Its just some info about me not updating next weekend, thats all.

<3