Chapter 17: Headquarters

(Just know all situations will now come from me and not the anime because I give up on that, except main parts obviously)

...

After traveling for longer then needed l Giyuu, Tanjiro and Shinobu make it to headquarters. It took long due to the fact Giyuu remembering that Kagaya told Tanjiro to hide the fact he can walk in the sun. So Tanjiro continues to pretend he can't.

(Refer back to chapter 4 if you need to remember what I'm talking about)

...
The meeting
...

(Fun facts are back: The porch area is call an "Engawa" but so no one gets confused I'll keep referring to it as a porch)

Giyuu stands off to the side, separated from the other Hashira. Tanjiro sits on the porch area where Kagaya usually sits. Tanjiro is back at his normal height, he sits in the shade until told otherwise. The Hashira stand in front of said porch waiting for the arrival of the master as they stare at Tanjiro.

"Ah? What a bummer, when I was told Tomioka was protecting a demon I expected to see a flashier looking demon"

"You know Tomioka-san, you're being put on trail and yet you're not reacting. Before we start the trail let's talk about the crime you've comm-"

"There's no need for a trail! It's clear that protecting and traveling with a demon is against corps roles!"

"Poor soul...turned into a demon. I pity him for being born at all"

"Wahhh! What a cute looking boy, even if he is a demon"

"What shape was that cloud again?.."

The Hashira talk about Tanjiro and Giyuu. Tanjiro just sits like a doll on the porch. A Kakushi inches closer to Tanjiro, they're nervous about approaching a demon. Tanjiro looks over at them calmly, they jump back.

"What's this?"
A voice yells

A male walks into view from the side of the headquarters. He's riddled in scars, with white hair and his uniform open exposing his chest which shows off more scars. Everyone looks at him the scarred man.

"Why don't we just kill the demon"

"Sanemi, refrain from doing anything without the master present"

"It's a demon for crying out loud"

"Forget that, what are we going to do about Tomioka. I don't feel comfortable with him being here without any restraints"

"He came without any resistance and so did the demon"
Shinobu says

Sanemi glares daggers into Tanjiro who just blinks at him. Sanemi gets more irritated for some reason and unsheaths his katana. He advances to Tanjiro.

"Sanemi no"

"Ah shut up!"
Sanemi shouts

He stops in front of Tanjiro who is unfazed. Tanjiro doesn't want to do anything that could possibly put Giyuu in trouble. Sanemi points the tip of his katana to Tanjiro's neck. Giyuu is watching, he's tense and ready to step in if it escalates. Tanjiro glances at him; Giyuu shakes his head. Tanjiro understands and just sits there not doing anything.

"Why isn't the demon doing anything? He's not even looking at Sanemi as if he wants to kill"

"He's just..."

"...sitting there"

"What an interesting demon"
The Hashira mutter

Before anything else can happen or be said something grabs their attention. Sanemi immediately backs down and walks back next to the rest of the Hashira