Chapter 9: New Mission

...

"Well, well what do we have here? You don't smell that of a human"

"Of course not.."
Tanjiro said

His voice lowers to a whisper. The air becomes thin, tanjiro's gaze turns sharp. His pupils becomes slit's piercing through the other demon. Both demons furrow their brow starring at each other. The demon leaps at tanjiro.

As if the sun had already rose a bright light appears distracting the demon who shields their eyes. Tanjiro stares at the demon as he lowers his arm, fire following the motion. Bright red fire rains onto the demon like a waterfall.

The other demon screeches as tanjiro's fire burns through their skin. The fire goes out with one motion; turing into nothing but dust. Jumping down giyuu lands on the demon. Giyuu slices the demons head off.

He stands up straight and sheaths his katana. Tanjiro watches as the demon turns into dust. Giyuu turns around and walks past tanjiro. Tanjiro turns around only to look back at the spot the demon was at. After a while giyuu calls out for tanjiro.

Tanjiro blinks then trots over to him. He wonders what will happen now and when will he hear the voice again...

.
.
.
---
A year later...
---

Months pass by like days and before you know it its been another year. Tanjiro and giyuu continue to train and slay demons everyday. Over time they become closer which leaves a nostalgic feeling on tanjiro. As they are as close as him and his siblings once were...

It's been two years year since they first meet-..since tanjiro first left his home village...

---
At an inn
---

The sky is almost dark, light still managing to peek through. The duo had checked into an inn to rest. They sit around, calmly chatting about random stuff.

All is good with the two until they get interrupted. Looking over to the window, giyuu, spots his crow.

"A mission already..?"
Tanjiro yawns

A tired tanjiro asks as he sits up. The crow jumps around, flaping its wings.

"Mt. Gumagara! Head to Mt. Gumagara, caw caw!"

Giyuu's crow continually says. Giyuu gets up without any fuss. The crow continues until tanjiro gets up. Mumbling to himself tanjiro gets up, rubbing his eyes.

Over the time the to two had been traveling, giyuu had bought a backpack like bag for tanjiro. Tanjiro climbs into it after shrinking down into the size of a child. He snugs himself comfortably and falls asleep right after.

Giyuu calmly puts the box on. He adjusts it as needed before heading out. Giyuu closes the door then says bye to the owner. After waving bye he starts walking towards the mountains.

---
The next day
---

Tanjiro had joined giyuu in walking the next day. They walk until they hit a split path. Giyuu seems to hesitate looking down one path then the other. He looks over to tanjiro who was looking at him already.

"What's wrong.?"

"I'm not sure if I was given the right location."

"Oh-...How about we split up?"

"Huh..are you sure"

"Yes, I can check Mt. Natagumo. He might have mixed the two up"

"Fair...I'll check Mt. Gumagara"
Giyuu agrees

Tanjiro nods then turns to go to. The left path. He stops and turns around walking up to giyuu. Tanjiro pats his head then turns back around. He walks away and into the setting sun. Giyuu watches tanjiro for a bit then does the same.

They part ways off to their designated locations...

.
-------

The next few chapters are going to be shorter then usual. I've got an important test coming up.

Sorry that this was short but again Its better then nothing. Bye

Hashira With A Demonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें