Chapter 21: Kamaboko #2

...

Like always, everyday; the squad is at it again. Zenitsu clings to Tanjiro who stands like a statue not wanting anything to do with what is happening. Inosuke, on the other hand, is the threat at hand. He holds two long sticks in either hand. Swinging them around to make a loud 'Whoosh' sound with them.

"Put the sticks down already."

"Never! HAHAHAA"
Inosuke laughs

Tanjiro sighs and mumbles something an audible under his breath. He gives up with no plan to try and get involved again. Instead:

He leaves.

Tanjiro walks off with the two following right behind while making a ruckus. Tanjiro tries walking through the door back inside but Zenitsu makes it difficult. He hangs onto his waist causing Tanjiro to be dragged back. Though, he manages to escape Zenitsu's grasp and walk inside. Zenitsu shrieks when he looks back to find Inosuke running at him with the sticks in hand.

'Idiots...'
Tanjiro thinks

...
Later
...

Not long after that the three are hanging out again. Against Tanjiro's will of course. They sit outside on the porch in somewhat of a circle. In the middle of the three, laid scattered, are random materials. To Tanjiro's surprise Zenitsu and Inosuke stay relatively quiet as they do whatever it is there doing.

"Aha! Look, I'm done!"
Inosuke announces

He holds up a rock with a small pinecone glued to it. Yes. They are doing crafts. Tanjiro and Zenitsu look at each other then slowly turn their heads to look at Inosuke.

"What is that-"

"What's that."
Inosuke points

He's pointing directly at Zenitsu's face. Zenitsu blinks out of confusion but quickly realizes what he means.

"Are you calling me ugly!?"

"Maybe I am!"

"TANJIRO!"
Zenitsu cries out

He grabs a hold of Tanjiro's shoulders and starts to violently shake him. Tanjiro pushes Zenitsu away by his forehead.

"Ack!"

"Stop fighting already-"

"Caw, caw! Mission for Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro!"
The crow caws.

It flies down near Tanjiro with a little hop, cocking it's head at him. Tanjiro shifts his position to face the crow.

"Why me?"

"Master has requested you to go with them since Tomioka is on a mission of his own at the moment, caw!"
It caws

Tanjiro sighs under his breath but nods. The three get up, the crow flying back into the air. It starts to lead the way of their next mission with the three following quickly behind. Though, it feels like a family road trip with Tanjiro being the dad. The two other's continue fighting on the way.

'Please God...shut the f-'

.
.
.

...

Heyyy so funny story. I forgot what my excuse was for not posting last weekend. Anyway I'm just trying to get something out at this point. I'm sorry.