Chapter 16: Creeping Shadow's

Author's Note: Chapter sixteen is out! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, please leave your comments and suggestions!

Here is the key for this chapter;

Y/N: Your name

Chapter16: Creeping Shadow's

"Hmm..." You paused, looking from Alastor and then towards the door. You'd haven't seen all of the castle yet, but the castle could wait. You would see plenty more of it over time considering recent "events". 

For right now the gardens sounded better, because the thought of going outside and maybe clearing your head... would do you some good. "Let's go to the gardens, I've seen enough of the castle for a while..." you said sighing.

As you turned towards the door, ready to leave, a sudden chill crawled up your back. A very tall shadow being that looked to be as tall as Valentino poked it's head through the door as if it were open, when it was clearly closed. 

It's hollow void like eyes bore into you. Rage crossed over it's smoky features at the sight of you with Alastor. You heard an unnatural growl as it quickly darted away.

This caused you to suddenly remember that weird shadow being from earlier that was down the hallway leaving Charlies room. You shook your head as if it would clear your mind, but it didn't help much at all to alleviate your sudden oncoming panic. The feeling the shadow gave you irked you to no end... like a painful knot in your stomach.

Alastor wrapped his arm around your shoulders, looking down at you in concern, causing you to look up at him 'I saw that thing... just now. When did you see the other shadow being?' Alastor asked. You suddenly felt a bit of relief. So you weren't just seeing things... he saw it too...

You looked up at him 'I saw it just as we were leaving Charlies room and beginning to head to my old room. It was down the hallway and I almost didn't see it then. I thought it was your shadow, checking up on us or even residual energy. Though the feeling... was very... unsettling. Now that I think of it. Is their a possibility that we are being watched?' you asked in turn, resting your head on his chest for comfort.

He was still for a moment, almost to long of one "Bastian... inform the guards to be aware that a shadow being of some type, infiltrated the castle somehow. And to be on alert for it and anything similar, if possible have them capture it. Someone is trying to keep tabs on us or worse... I don't know what to expect, but it might be one of the overlords." Alastor said grimly. You saw Bastian bow in acknowledgment and run from the room at an unnatural speed.

You heard a loud cough, your father Lucifer gave you the feeling of a circling predator "When did you see this... shadow being?" he asked, only to then suddenly appear in front of you and Alastor. His sudden appearance gave you a jolt up your spine. Though... this was Lucifer you were talking about...

You sighed, relaying your tale "It was after we left Charlies room. I had wanted to go to my old room. We where heading down the hallway when I saw it... I would have missed it if I wasn't looking down the hallway then... it moved so quickly. I didn't think to mention it because I thought it was Alastor's shadow or even residual energy." you paused looking towards the door