Chapter 17: A Family Dinner

Author's Note: Chapter seventeen is out! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, please leave your comments and suggestions!

Here is the key for this chapter;

Y/N: Your name

Chapter 17: A Family Dinner

'To much had happen... and would happen... ' The thought reverberated through your mind. You were left standing there staring blankly at the door, seeing nothing. Not even noticing that most everyone in the room had left out of the your fathers office door.

Everything that happened recently had come crashing back into the forefront of your mind, making a sudden surge of anxiety creep down your spine. Making your feel rooted in place.

You were suddenly tucked against a warm chest with strong arms wrapping around your shoulders and chest. You looked up and saw that it was Alastor. He kissed the top of your head and hugged you to him tightly, nuzzling you gently with his nose, avoiding your horns.

Feeling him surround you in his arms, helped calm your frayed nerves. You both stood there for what felt like a good while before the door suddenly the opened, revealing Bastian. Startling you both back to reality.

"Are you both okay? I didn't see you coming and got worried... you'd both get lost without me for sure... so come on, let's go." Bastian said with an worried and confused expression displayed clearly on his usually stoic face.

You sighed... looking down at the floor, but then looked back up towards Bastian and smiled "I just got a little overwhelmed for a while there. With everything happening recently. It's a bit much to take in..." You said sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head.

His smile was reassuring, bowing and indicating towards the door "You'll be fine, nothing has to be rushed for right now." Bastian said in a calming voice.  Alastor gave you a gentle reassuring squeeze, letting you go and taking hold of you hand.

You both left down the hall with Bastian ahead of you both, walking in a brisk pace. Surprisingly it didn't take you to long catch up with your parents and Gothall, who all stood there waiting... which made you blush, having made them wait for so long...

Your mother look at you with a worried expression and wrapped her arm around your shoulders in a comforting manner "I know you are worried about everything that's gone on recently, but it will be okay. Were here for you." Lilith said with a soft smile and a gentle squeeze to your shoulders. She let go as your father patted you on the back. "Let's get going."

You noticed Gothall giving you a strange look all the sudden, but then she seemed to decide it was better to just lead your group to the banquet hall than to say anything to you. What was her deal? You mentally shrugged your shoulders and decided to follow her down the hall along with everyone else.

As you exited the hallway and into the foyer. You couldn't seem to find Bastian and tried to looked for him, but when you did find him, he wasn't following your group anymore. Instead veering from you group and choosing to walk up the stairs.