iii

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter threecobra kai

chapter three
cobra kai

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

MIGUEL WAS QUITE literally sulking.

So, as it turned out, he actually was alive after Kyler beat him up. He had some bruises and scrapes on his face, and other than a battered ego, he was fine. The only problem was that his mom no longer wanted him in karate after what happened to him. Understandable, but judging by the way he talked about karate, Alyssa could tell he really liked it.

The four of them — Alyssa, Miguel, Eli, and Demetri — all sat in the library at a table. They had decided during one of their free periods that they would catch up on homework and such. All of their notebooks and textbooks were spread across the table in front of them. Alyssa, sitting next to Eli (as always), had her chin resting in the palm of her hand as she stared down at her biology sheet.

Biology. Her arch-nemesis.

"So that's it?" Demetri asked. "No more karate?"

"I guess so," Miguel replied.

"It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence."

Miguel blinked at him in confusion. "Isn't that a good thing?"

"No," Demetri answered. "What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?"

"Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler," Eli admitted quietly.

Alyssa nodded in agreement, giving Miguel a small smile. "People like him need to be put in his place. He may have beat the shit out of you, but at least you didn't do nothing."

"Are you insane?" Demetri demanded, making Alyssa roll her eyes. "Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Flight," Alyssa instantly stated.

"Super strength," Miguel said.

"Wrong," Demetri responded.

Alyssa's eyebrows knit in confusion. "Wrong? What do you mean wrong?"

"I mean wrong. It's invisibility. A distant second would be super speed to run away fast."

"Run away from who?" an infuriatingly familiar voice questioned, and Alyssa looked up in annoyance to see Kyler leaning over Eli with a hand on his back.