xxiv

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter twenty-fouryou are the thunder and Iam the lightning

chapter twenty-four
you are the thunder and I
am the lightning

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA WALKED INTO Miyagi-Do the next day, clad in white sneakers, a pair of red leggings, and Eli's jacket layered over a white long-sleeved. (Oh, and there was concealer blended on her neck, but she didn't find that particularly important.) It was their first meeting with their combined dojos, and both Sensei LaRusso and Sensei Lawrence had agreed to it. She went into one of the rooms in the house to drop her stuff off, only to be instantly cornered by Sam.

"What is that?" Sam demanded.

"What?" Alyssa asked, putting down her backpack. "What is what?"

Sam took the fabric of the jacket in between her fingers. "This. This is not your jacket."

"And how could you possibly know that?"

Sam gave her a knowing look. "Ally, it's a black hoodie with red designs on it. You would probably rather die than have that in your closet." She then looked at the shirt a little closer. "Wait a second . . . you never texted me the last night saying if anything went wrong." She gasped. "Alyssa Liu, did you and Hawk—"

Well, no point trying to hide it now. Especially from Sam.

"I may have done a thing," Alyssa stated. She then paused for a moment, thinking about it. "I may have done multiple things."

Sam's jaw dropped. "Ally!"

"It was just kissing, nothing else," Alyssa insisted, her cheeks feeling insanely hot. "I promise. I'm not ready for any of that other stuff yet."

Sam's eyes trailed down to her neck and she smirked. "Well, it sure looks a lot like he kissed your neck more than he kissed your face."

Alyssa's eyes widened and she maneuvered her hair to cover her neck, making Sam laugh harder. "Samantha, stop, this isn't funny. Is it really that noticeable? I tried to cover it up."

"No, I just know what concealer looks like. Boys are totally oblivious to that sort of stuff." She giggled for a moment. "So, what happened? After everything, you . . . kissed him?"

Alyssa shrugged, a small smile on her face. "We made up."

"I think you got confused making up with making out."

Alyssa blinked. "I thought they were on the same side of the spectrum."

Sam blinked. "Oh my God." She then got a serious look on her face. "Just . . . are you sure? I don't want you to rush into anything."