xxxvi

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter thirty-sixever the protector

chapter thirty-six
ever the protector

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

THEY COULDN'T JUST stand by and watch from the sidelines anymore. Things in The Valley were getting extremely worse because of Cobra Kai, and the last thing any of them wanted to do was let them win. Who cared about a handshake deal now? Silver had no honor, so why would they honor him any longer?

There were a bit of steps that re-established Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang (although Alyssa guessed she would call it Miyagi-Fang again.) First, Sam had been whisked away to Ohio, much to Alyssa's dismay, by her mom. And then Sensei LaRusso had gotten beaten up badly by Silver, which is the time that everybody decided to intervene.

With a bow to Sensei LaRusso, Sensei Lawrence, and Sensei Toguchi — their new Sensei, somebody from Sensei LaRusso's past — Miyagi-Fang was officially up and running again.

In the wise words of Alyssa, they had gotten the band back together.

It was the day before their dojo would come back to life, and Alyssa was at the mall. She had gone to the mall a couple of days ago with Moon and Yasmine to get more leggings, but she needed a new pair of training sneakers. Alyssa had already thought about getting new ones, but then karate got cancelled, and she didn't have a reason to anymore. Yet now she did.

She walked out of the store, her bag in her hand, when she slowed to a stop. Cobra Kai had opened up a dojo at the mall and were advertising with a table and merch — that wasn't shocking, because they were opening up dojos left and right. What made her stop, though, was how Kenny, Kyler, and some other Cobra Kai's were surrounding Anthony.

Alyssa's expression hardened. She recognized the gleeful mischief on Kyler's face, one that she knew from years of seeing it against them. And she also recognized how Anthony was cowering away from them, one that she also knew from years of being like that with Demetri and Eli — and Miguel, until he totally beat the shit out of him in the cafeteria.

Sure, Anthony had fucked up royally by bullying Kenny. Alyssa never agreed with bullying — but now he was being bullied by the one thing that was making all of their lives living hell.

So, without a second thought in her mind, she walked up towards them.

"Anthony, there you are," Alyssa called, making all of them stare at her as she slowed to a stop next to the LaRusso boy. "I just texted you saying to meet me at my car, you ready to go?"