xxxv

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter thirty-fiveshould've gone to thebeach

chapter thirty-five
should've gone to the
beach

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

THE BEACH WOULD'VE been better in Alyssa's opinion.

However, she settled for the waterpark. She guessed she would be happy lounging underneath the sun on a warm day by any body of water, but she wished that the concrete was sand. Whatever.

Clad in a matching white bikini with pink stars on it — to match her hair, of course — she was sprawled out on a lounge chair underneath the shining sun with Sam, Moon, and Yasmine. The sounds of children's laughter and water splashing echoed from all around her, but she tried her best to ignore that.

"Ew, Anthony, can you not stare at my friends?" Sam complained.

Alyssa opened her eyes. Sure enough, standing there with his eyes wide, was none other than Anthony. Now, her and Anthony weren't close or anything, but considering Alyssa was over Sam's house a lot, they at least had a bond. One that could resemble brother and sister.

"No, no, no, I wasn't, um, uh, staring," Anthony stammered.

He then awkwardly smiled and walked off.

"Yeah, sure, kid," Alyssa called after him.

"Shut up, Ally," Anthony responded, making her laugh.

"He's starting high school in the fall, right?" Yasmine asked. "Let's torture him. Tell him later I asked if he's been working out."

"Ew," Sam said, looking up from her book. "You guys are so gross, and I want no part of this."

"So, Sam, how's the whole Eat, Pray, Love journey going?" Moon questioned.

"It's actually been better than I expected," Sam answered. It was true — Alyssa had noticed was Sam more content than she had ever seen her. "It's been kind of nice to just focus on myself without all the karate or relationship drama."

"Lys!"

Alyssa felt a smile creep onto her face. Ah, there he was. Her boy.

She sat up, but her eyes widened in panic once she noticed who was walking next to Eli, and she frantically turned to Sam. "Fuck. I'm so sorry, Sammy, I forgot to tell you they were coming."

"It's fine," Sam reassured her. "Really."

"You sure? 'Cause I can tell him that he's being annoying and to leave me alone for a couple of hours. Usually works like a charm."