xix

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter nineteennothing happened in the way I wanted, every corner of this house is haunted

chapter nineteen
nothing happened in the way
I wanted, every corner of
this house is haunted

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

trigger warning: symptoms of a panic attack

SAM HAD, QUITE literally, rallied the troops.

Secretly, they had been karate training with Sam leading them, claiming that they needed to be ready to fight — her words, not Alyssa's. Alyssa was a little confused at the sudden switch in Sam's behavior and honestly didn't know what was going on, especially now, since she was striking first instead of Cobra Kai, which for sure went against what Miyagi-Do stood for.

Chris had texted Sam that Cobra Kai was bothering him at Golf 'n' Stuff where he worked. Alyssa could just tell that Hawk was leading it — don't ask her how she knew, she just did. God, couldn't he just give them a break.

Alyssa walked into Golf 'n' Stuff with Sam, Demetri, Stiven, and Jared. She glanced around at all the happy-go-lucky people, wishing she was one of them playing claw machines instead of going to fight. Sam glanced around for a moment before spotting Chris, and the group walked up to him.

"Where are they?" Sam asked.

"They snuck into the old laser tag place next door," Chris answered.

"How many?"

"Four of 'em."

"Six of us," Sam stated. "I like our odds."

Demetri looked down at her. "Are you sure we should be doing this?"

"We're not on school property. This is our chance to fight back."

Alyssa sighed and took out her hoop earrings. "Let's go, I guess." She put them in her back pocket of her jeans before holding onto Sam's arm as they walked towards the old arcade. "Sam, are you, like, one-hundred-percent sure?"

"Absolutely I'm sure," Sam replied. "Come on, don't you want revenge on Hawk?"

"I mean, yeah, sure. It's, just . . . I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this."

She shook her head. "It's going to be fine, Ally. There's four of them and six of us. We have the advantage." She looked over at her. "We can't do this without you. I need to know that you're with me."