v

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter fivefire nation katara finallymeets clark kent

chapter five
fire nation katara finally
meets clark kent

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA STOOD BY her friends at the park, her hip leaning against the bench with her arms crossed comfortably against her chest. They had come during lunch, along with most of the school, to just hang out. Demetri, Miguel, and Aisha were sitting on the bench while Eli was in the open field, sparring with Bert — well, more so Bert was just letting Eli practice on him.

Aisha apparently couldn't be bothered with the conversation at hand, absentmindedly scrolling through her phone. Alyssa and Demetri, however, were trying to cheer up Miguel, who was upset after seeing some boy have dinner with Sam's family. Miguel still hadn't met Sam's parents and was clearly not dealing with it well.

"Come on, eat something," Demetri urged. "It'll make you feel better."

"I told you I'm not hungry, man," Miguel replied, holding his uneaten sandwich.

"You sure?" Alyssa asked. "I can take you to get some ice cream. Chocolate milkshakes always help."

Miguel shook his head, giving her a small smile. "No thanks, Als."

"I still think you're overreacting," Demetri admitted.

"I'm not overreacting, dude," Miguel insisted. "I know what I saw."

"All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode," Eli cut in.

He then lifted up his leg, kicking Bert straight in the face. Bert fell to the ground with a grunt of pain. Alyssa winced, looking over to stare at his small body.

"You okay, Bert?" Alyssa called.

"Yeah," Bert answered, groaning just a little.

Alyssa gave Eli a look as he walked up to the bench. "Must you beat up a child?"

Eli placed his elbows on the back of the bench to lean on it. "You heard him, Bert's fine. And it's probably just her brother or something."

"No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that," Miguel stated.

"Depends on what part of the country you're in," Demetri commented.