xxxviii

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter thirty-eightup on the roof with a schoolgirl crush, drinking beer outof plastic cups

up on the roof with a school
girl crush, drinking beer out
of plastic cups

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA STILL WOULDN'T consider herself a huge party person, especially considering the shitshows of the last two parties she had been at. But this one seemed pretty okay — maybe because she was still riding on the high of her win.

She sat on the counter next to Robby, clad in a white t-shirt with pink hearts embroidered on the collar tucked into a short jean skirt, a pair of fishnet tights, and white high-top Converse. The party had been thrown at Miguel's apartment, and everyone was pushed into it while others stayed outside, dancing and playing beer pong.

Eli looked up at her, leaning against the counter. "Hey, you want a drink?"

"Depends if I'm driving home or not," Alyssa replied.

"You're not, I am."

"Then yes." She gave him a small smile. "What are my options?"

"We've got beer, and . . ." Eli paused to think about it for a moment. "Beer."

"Wow, I'm faced with such a tough decision here," Alyssa commented. "I'll have some beer."

"Good, 'cause you deserve it." He pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Give me a sec."

Robby elbowed Alyssa's side as Eli grabbed two cups and started to fill them with beer from the keg. "He's right, you know. You do deserve it."

"Thanks," Alyssa responded. "And thank you for cheering me on."

Eli turned back to her, extending a red solo cup to her. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Alyssa took a sip, grimacing slightly — she hated beer, but it was the really only option she had right now. "Nothing like drinking beer out of a plastic cup, am I right?"

"What, uh, happened to the green?" Robby asked, gesturing up to Eli's mohawk, which was now back to its original color.

Eli shrugged. "Uh, didn't really work for me, so, still, uh, figuring it out."

"I think that you should go back to the purple," Alyssa admitted. "It was my favorite."

"Are you just saying that because I dyed it purple for you?"