xxvii

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter twenty-eightwhere pink meets purple

where pink meets purple

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA WAS LEANING against one of the walls in the lobby of the school before first period. She was waiting for Eli and Demetri to get here, and she was absentmindedly scrolling through her phone when a familiar presence appeared in front of her.

"Hey," Eli greeted.

"Hi, E," Alyssa replied, closing out Instagram. "What's—"

However, when she looked up at him, her jaw literally dropped. Eli's hair was no longer red, and his mohawk wasn't separated into spikes like it usually was. Instead, it was now sticking up all together, and it was purple. The purple was a deep shade yet vibrant at the same time, and it matched the purple shirt he was wearing perfectly.

Holy shit, he looked good. It was taking all of her self control to not push him up against the wall and kiss him forever.

Oh. She didn't mean to say that.

"Eli," Alyssa breathed out, staring up at his hair, her heart beating fast against her chest. She straightened up and put her phone in the back pocket of the jeans she was wearing. "Oh my God. No. Way."

He let out a low laugh. "You like it?"

"I love it." Alyssa took his face in her hands, moving around his head to see his hair from different angles. "It looks so pretty."

"Okay, okay, Lys." Eli gently pushed her hands away, laughing even more at how she was moving his head around a lot. "I think we get it."

"Oh, there you guys are," Demetri announced, and the two turned to see him walking up to them, holding an iPad. "Look. I found the guy who was at the dojo yesterday."

As they walked in the lobby, he showed them his iPad. He had pulled up an article about someone named Terry Silver, and sure enough, the picture matched.

"Vietnam vet turned businessman," Demetri stated. "Had a few ups and downs, but still turned out pretty rich. Not much dirt, other than some toxic waste scandal in Borneo back in the eighties."

"Jeez, sounds like a Renaissance man," Eli commented. "How'd you even find out his name?"

"I took a picture at the dojo, then found an old facial recognition beta test and tweaked the code to make it compatible with HEIC."