viii

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter eightalyssa liu is NOT boring

chapter eight
alyssa liu is NOT boring

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ONE OF ALYSSA'S favorite things about living in California was the beach.

The sand, the sun, the ocean — she honestly loved everything about it. So when a beach trip was made, Alyssa didn't hesitate to say yes.

She stood on one of the volleyball courts in the sand, clad in a white bikini top with purple flowers, the matching bottoms covered by the jean shorts she was wearing. Alyssa was next to Eli on one side of the court while Moon, Demetri, and Bert were on the other side.

Her hands were placed on her hips with her head tilted in thought, watching from the other side of the court as Demetri held out a red Cobra Kai volleyball in front of him. He hit the heel of his palm of his other hand against it, but instead of going over, his serve went straight into the net. Alyssa let out a small laugh but quickly covered the sound with her hand.

"Uh . . ." Demetri trailed off.

Alyssa gave him a nod with a teasing smile. "You're doing amazing, sweetie."

He waved to the two on the other side of the court. "Mulligan, send it back."

"There's no mulligans in volleyball," Eli replied.

Demetri scoffed. "Says you." He then walked up to the side of the net. "Water break."

Eli blinked at Alyssa. "I thought you explained the rules of volleyball to him before we started playing."

Alyssa raised her hands in surrender, shaking her head a little. "Hey, I can only do so much."

"Cobra Kai?" a girl's voice then asked, and Alyssa looked to see two girls standing by Demetri, who had started to wipe his face with his Cobra Kai towel — wipe his face from what, Alyssa didn't know. "You guys won that karate tournament, right?"

Demetri slowly lowered the towel from his face, looking at the girls in shock. "Um . . . the All Valley? The Rumble in Reseda? Yes, uh . . ." he slung the towel over his shoulder and leaned against the post of the volleyball net, and Alyssa raised an eyebrow. "We, uh — we certainly did."

"Cool. We're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?"

"Pffft . . . most def. Uh, that means most definitely."

The girl giggled at him and waved before walking off with her friend.

Alyssa brushed past Eli, crossing her arms across her chest. "Never say most def again."