The Council Calls

Mischa and the pack are in class learning about Shakespeare's Hamlet.

There is a knock on the door and Mr. McQuarrie opens it.

"LeBron twins?"

Mischa and Jessa look up.

"Your mother is here."

The twins grab their bags and leave class.

"Hey Mom," Mischa says.

"What's going on?"

"The World Council wants you, they are in Headmistress Borghild's office," Lienda says.

"Are you coming with us?" Jessa asks.

"I will be there after I put these on your father's grave," Lienda says holding some flowers and walking away.

"What do you think they want?"

"I have no clue, we haven't done anything bad," Jessa says.

Mischa raises her eyebrow.

"Well not enough to attract the World Council."

They arrive at the Head Mistress's office and knock on the door.

"Come in," a male voice says.

"You wanted to see us?" Jessa says as she and Mischa walk into the office and close the door behind them.

"Yes, we have been informed by the fae clan in New York that Elda has been seen in the city," a council member says.

"Shouldn't this be a job for the enforcers?" Mischa asks.

"Normally yes, but we have sent some and she hasn't been found. We want you to search for her," a female council member says.

"But why us?" Jessa says.

"You two have defeated the Dragon King and Mischa lived in New York City, she knows the place better than the enforcers," a third council member says.

"And our mom is okay with this?"

"I suggested it," Lienda comes in and closes the door.

"We will fund you for your housing, food, and anything else you might need," the head council member says.

"May we have a moment to think about it?" Mischa asks.

"Of course, we will take a 60-minute recess," the head council member bangs the gavel.

Mischa and Jessa walk into Mischa's dorm room.

"What's wrong? I thought you wanted adventure," Jessa says as Mischa sits on her bed.

"I do, it's just that after our last trip to New York I don't know if I want to go back," Mischa says.

"But what about Hali, you said you've been missing her," Jessa sits next to her sister.

"True," Mischa says.

"Things are different now, we are free, the dragon-mark is just that, a mark, the World Council wouldn't have asked for our help if they didn't trust that we could handle it."

"Okay, let's go back. I have a few conditions though," Mischa says.

The twins return to the office where the council members are waiting.

"Have you made up your mind?" The head of the council asks.

"Yes, we will do it, on a few conditions," Mischa says.

"Like?" The council member next to him asks.

"Our friends go with us, each member of our pack has a power that can help and we defeated Kristov together, our friends found the cavern while we were on the run. We also ask that we get special permission to use things that are usually illegal. The Kristovs believe they are bigger than the law so we have to even the playing field."

"Anything else?" The head council member asks.

"We also ask that Dante the troll has access to phone service anytime."

"May we ask why?" The council member on the end says.

"Defeating Elda and saving both worlds is the mission and will take a lot of time, we will lose time coming back to Stratford to keep you updated. If Dante has access to cell service we will be able to tell the council what is going on while staying in New York," Mischa explains.

"Granted," the head council member agrees.

Before leaving the council gives the twins every illegal talisman and spell as they agreed in order to have the girls defeat Elda.

"Thank you," Mischa says putting the talismans and spells in her backpack.

"Good luck Ms. LeBron and Ms. LeBron," the female council member says.