Human History

"You are right, there are asses in the human world," Terra says.

"Found it," Jessa says as she, Jae, and Zadi come out of the complex.

"I see why you didn't want to go back, you really ripped that couch," Zadi says.

"That was the actual first time my other side came out, I was asleep so I didn't even know," Mischa says.

"Let's get some food," Brax suggests.

"Pizza anyone?" Max asks.

"Just to let you guys know the food here doesn't magically reappear, we have to pay for more," Mischa says.

"Good thing Mom also left her ATM card so we can get money when we run out," Jessa says.

Mischa's phone rings.

"Hey Hali," Mischa says answering the call.

"Hey, where are you guys?"

"We are gonna get some food, meet us at Pete's?"

"Sure, see you guys there," Hali says before hanging up.

"Let's go, and no using your powers, I can't stress that enough," Mischa says.

"Why not?" Terra asks.

"Let's just say Mr. McQuarrie's class didn't prepare you guys for this," Mischa says as they go into the subway station.

"Well aside from Broadway what do you mean?" Zadi asks.

"The city has a different type of combat and humans don't heal automatically, there are different rules here, we can't just use our magic to defend ourselves, especially Terra," Mischa says.

"Is there something that we didn't learn in Humanities?" Terra asks.

"Let's talk about that while we eat, we get off here," Mischa says.

"Hey pack," Hali calls running up to the group.

"Can we get food now?" Zadi asks.

"Your other side gets hangry too?" Mischa asks.

"Very," Zadi says.

"Well, how about an ultimate all-meat pizza?" Hali asks.

"How big is it?" Terra asks.

"40 slices," Hali says.

"That should be enough," Brax says.

"Oh, don't forget about the 'cake challenge'," Mischa smiles as they stand in line.

"Cake challenge?" Jae asks.

"It's a challenge Pete has, you have to eat a 25" chocolate cake in one hour," Hali says.

"Nobody has made it," Mischa says.

"Well, that is going to change," Jessa says smiling.

"Next!" the cashier calls.

"I'll go get us a table before they are all taken," Hali says to Jae.

"Okay," Jae responds.

"One ultimate all-meat pizza, seven drinks, and a cake challenge," Mischa says handing the cashier the credit card.

"Your table number is 55," the cashier says handing Mischa a table tent and the card.

"Okay, let's go get a table," Mischa says.

"Hali already did," Jae says.

"In a corner and under a window, nice," Jessa says.

"So now will you tell us why Terra shouldn't use her powers at all?" Zadi asks.

"A long time ago, in the 1600s there was this thing called the Salem Witch Trials," Mischa says.

"Witch Trials?" Terra states scared.

"They accused men, women, and children who had violent outbursts and fits were burned or drowned to death because they thought they had supernatural powers," Hali says.

"They didn't have any supernatural powers and I don't want to be responsible for the first actual witch being burned at the stake," Mischa says.

"Well, I would have liked to know that before I came," Terra says.

"You don't have to keep your power concealed all the time, I mean when we find a new place or if we are at Hali's and her mom isn't around we can use our powers."

"I'm going to get some soda," Mischa says.

"I'll come with," Jessa says.