Explaining Leadership

Mischa leaves the restaurant and sits on a bench in the park across the street. Mischa watches the innocent humans walk past unknowing of the danger that is hidden, then she lifts up her sleeve and looks down at her mark.

"Worried?" a female voice says sitting next to her.

"Where's everyone else?" Mischa looks up to see Zadi.

"In the restaurant, I just wanted to make sure you are okay," Zadi says.

"You mean the council wants you to watch us to make sure we aren't abusing the power," Mischa asks suspiciously.

"Look with all our clans having issues with each other, I get why you would think I'm a spy, but that doesn't mean we all hate you guys, I see things differently than my clan."

"You wanted to put us in a cloister," Mischa argues.

"I had to, lions like power, intimidation is power, and that is what Elda had."

"So why are you really with the pack? We don't intimidate people."

"I came because I want to learn what being a real leader is about," Zadi says.

"What do you mean?"

"I call your family the LaBron Leaders," Zadi says.

"Why?"

"Because you're from a family of leaders, you guys take action, make sacrifices, and your power is more than physical strength. I want to learn how to be a good leader."

"Your mom is a good leader," Mischa says.

"My mom is a good leader, but I believe that we need new leaders, we need people who are willing to risk themselves for what they believe, you, Jessa, your pack, and your dad, your whole family did that. I wish my family could do that."

"Did you tell her that?" Jae asks as they, Hali, Max, and Terra walk over.

"My mom can be hard to talk to about change of leadership," Zadi says.

"Wooo, I didn't realize how amazed people can be by someone eating fast," Jessa says as she and Brax join them.

"Well be careful fame, like power, can change people," Hali says.

"Anyway Zadi, there is no real secret to being a leader, it's about action even if it feels or is wrong," Mischa says.

"Sometimes the right path isn't always the easiest," Jae says.

"Did you just quote Pocahontas?" Hali asks.

"It was one of our homework assignments for Humanities," Brax says.

"In the supernatural world Humanities is literally the study of the human world," Jessa explains.

"Even though ironically the teacher is a troll who hasn't been to the human world," Mischa says.

"For obvious reasons since you met Dante," Jae says.

Hali nods.

"I texted Dante our numbers, I think I need a run," Mischa says.

"Did that seem weird to you?" Max asks Jae.

"I think she just needs to clear her head, let's just explain the supernatural world to Hali a little bit more," Jae says.