Old Haunt

"So what now?" Zadi asks.

"Let's go get our phones," Jessa says.

"Be careful with your anger and shifting, humans can be assholes too," Mischa says.

"That's going to be kinda hard for Jessa, you know how hot-tempered her other side is," Max says.

"As long as my pack and Zadi are safe and no assholes are harassing them I think my other side can wait until the night," Jessa says.

"Then be careful of Carter, he has gotten worse," Hali says.

"Worse than saying we're together?" Mischa says.

"Much worse, he pushed a person out of their wheelchair."

"What the Hell, even I wouldn't push Opal out of her chair," Jessa says.

"Let's go get the cell phones," Jae suggests.

"I'll see you guys at home, I gotta get to school," Hali says.

"Later," Mischa says.

"It's going to be hard finding Elda with all these smells and people, Elda possibly already changed her appearance," Zadi says.

"And with all the power she has from the shadow magic she possibly was able to change her skin color too," Terra says.

"Zadi, you will have to be the key," Mischa says.

"Why her?" Max asks.

"Zadi has always been around Elda, so she knows how Elda thinks," Mischa says.

"Good point," Jessa says.

"Here we are," Mischa says.

"Let's go in," Jae says opening the door to the cellphone store.

The seven of them go into the store.

"So, what now?" Brax asks as they leave the store.

"Now, we find a place to stay, we can't bunk at Hali's forever, it isn't fair," Jessa answers her boyfriend's question.

"I think I know the perfect place," Mischa says.

They take the train to the Bronx.

"What are we doing here?" Zadi asks.

"The Bronx is one of the best places to keep low, there is a botanical garden for Jae, a zoo in case we want to let our other sides out during the day, and a track and field stadium if we need to do a run, we just have to be careful and make sure nobody is there when we do," Mischa says.

"Perfect, now we just have to find an apartment big enough," Jessa says.

"Let's get to know the city a bit," Brax suggests.

"That's a good idea, Mischa how about a tour?" Zadi asks.

"Can we start with food?" Jessa says.

"Someone's other side needs food?" Mischa jokingly asks.

"Isn't it always?" Brax asks.

"Unfortunately the food here doesn't reappear, but the note on the card that the Council gave us says that this has unlimited credit," Mischa says.

Mischa's phone dings.

"What's wrong?" Max asks when Mischa's face becomes paler than his when he turns into a vampire.

"Dante just texted saying that our mom hid some money in her room at the old apartment," Mischa says.

"Let's go there first and then we can get lunch," Jessa says.

"What is so worrying about going back to her old home?" Zadi asks.

"It's better to be seen," Jae responds.

"Just tell me which room was hers and we will go find it," Jessa says to her sister when they arrive at the old apartment.

"It's the first door on the left when you walk down the hallway."

Jessa nods.

"Zadi and I will go with her, you guys stay here with Mischa," Jae says.

Max, Brax, and Terra nod as Jae turns and follows Zadi and Jessa.

"Oh, you're back, they said you went to military school," Carter says stopping on his skateboard.

"Nope, just moved to a boarding school," Mischa makes up a lie.

"Same thing," Carter's friend says.

Mischa starts to growl.

"Don't," Max stops his girlfriend.

"Whatever," Mischa says.

Terra conjures a can behind Mischa's backpack and throws it at the two assholes.

They skate away laughing.