Mentors

"It feels kinda nice to not be confined to a school uniform during school hours," Jessa says.

"It feels even better knowing that we are in the city and not being hunted," Mischa says.

Three other keepers join the group.

"Good, everyone is here," Zale says.

"We better go to the apartment," a male keeper says.

The group rides the subway to the other side of the Bronx.

They arrive at an apartment complex where they ride the elevator to the third floor.

"We're here," Zale says opening the door.

"So is it true? Are you two the Dragon-marked Wolf Shifters, the ones that killed the Dragon King?" a blonde female says.

Mischa and Jessa reveal their marks.

"Woah," all of the keepers except Zale say.

"I'm Sean, a fellow wolf-shifter," a brown-haired man says.

"I'm Rylee, a bear-shifter," a blonde female says.

"I'm Danni, witch," a brunette introduces herself.

"So, what brings you guys to the human world?" Rylee asks.

"The World Council wants us to find a witch named Elda Kristov, she is very powerful," Mischa says.

"The others can tell you more, we were fighting the Dragon King while the battle was going on," Jessa says.

"Since I was Elda's friend, I know the most so I guess I should tell it," Zadi says.

Zadi explains the whole fight, the events that led up to it, and the aftermath.

"I'm so sorry to hear about your dad," Sean says.

"Thank you," Jessa tears up a little.

"If what you say is true, you guys are going to need mentors and we can help with that," Zale says.

"You guys take your own, I will take Max and Brax," Rylee says.

"Do you guys think that it would be okay if we use the zoo if we need to let our animals out during the day?" Jessa asks.

"What do you mean?" Zale asks.

"I feel bad for asking the shifters to keep their animals in during the day. Is there a way to have us roam, like in the exhibits at the zoo?"

"Sure, our zoo is always looking for rare animals, we could say that you and Jessa are Paradox Wolves," Sean says.

"Now we just have to figure out where we can stay, we can't stay with Hali forever," Jae says.

"There is a four-bedroom apartment above us for rent," Rylee says.

"Really?" Mischa asks.

"You're always in the loop," Zale says.

"It's my bear side, we have a good sense of hearing."

"But really, is there an apartment for rent in this building?" Jessa asks.

"Yep and another thing is that this complex is special, the apartments adjust to the renter's needs, and all the occupants are supernatural so we can use magic or shift anytime we want when we are here," Rylee says.

"That's great," Terra says.

"And what about me? Will I be able to shift since I'm a dragon?" Brax asks.

"Yes, but I think we should start teaching you how to control your animal, we can't shift whenever we want here," Rylee says.

"That's true, I guess we should get started," Jessa says.

"Will you take us to the landlord?" Mischa asks.

"Sure, let's go," Rylee says.