KUCH TOH LOG KAHENGE

Author's POV

Sarna picked her tiffin before taking her laptop to go to the office… Karuna came near her and spoke…

"sun sarna, vo kal bappa ka visarjan karege sabhi, to tu kal chutti lele na kaam se, or aaj jaldi aane ki koshish karna, mujhe kuch kaam hai tere se" karuna said…

"ji ka_aayi, mai aa jaungi jaldi or kal ki chuti bhi le lugi, abhi jau mai?" Sarna asked…

"hmm, sun jane se pahle ek baar aayi se mil ke ja warna bolegi bahu bataye bina kaise gyi" Karuna spoke, being afraid of her mother's reaction… Sarna nodded and walked with Karuna in the room… Karuna's mother was laying on bed when she saw Sarna and Karuna coming….

"Ye saas bahu ki jodi kya khichdi paka rahi hai or tu dabba or basta le kr kaha ja rahi hai sidhant ki bahu?" Karuna's mother asked… Hearing her choice of words Sarna felt embarrassed, her cheeks turned red…

"Aayi vo Sarna na bade office me kaam karti hai, to ye wahi kaam par ja rahi thi, to bas tere se milne aayi hai jane se pahle" Karuna spoke instantly…

"Ji, ji aaji, mai chalti hu" Sarna spoke, touching her feets to take blessings… Aaji nodded in response and gestured to her to go… after that Sarna left from there…

"aeh Karuna, teri bahu to khub sundar hai, padi likhi lagti hai tabhi bade office me kaam karti hai, acha ye bata ye kitne mahine se hai?" Karuna's mother asked her…. Karuna smiled at Sarna's praises…

"Aayi vo 4 mahine se hai pait se"

"Acha ye sidhant kaha gya?"

"vo aayi sidhant ko kuch kaam tha to vo bahar gya hai, shayad thodi der me aa jaye"

"hmm thik hai, acha ek aur baat puchni thi, yaha to ek hi kamra hai, to tum sab rehte kaise
ho?" she asked and Karuna felt a little nervous before answering…

"vo aayi vo ye bache yaha kamre me so jate hai aur main vishwash ke sath bahar niche bistar daal kr so jati hu" she answered while fumbling on her words…

"deva! Acha hua na tu bata di warna mai to idhar hi dera jama leti or ye pati patni apas me jhagadte" she laughed naughtily while saying it… while karuna felt shy knowing what her mother meant…

Day went well, sidhant was out of house doing some labour work in the market as Karuna couldn't go for work and moreover now he wanted to change things for good and give his aayi some rest and himself work hard for his family… Sarna told everything to Payal as usual and asked her to tell Raghu the same if he wouldn't know it…. She took leave for tomorrow and also packed up her work before time and was returning home early…

It was a rainy day in Mumbai, it rained in the afternoon, but left its effect on the roads of Mumbai… Payal couldn't make it to come with Sarna… So Sarna was walking alone on the roads, she entered the same market area where last time she had seen Sidhant doing something with his shirt off, showing off his well built body… being curious she looked here and there to find him by any chance…

Holding her salwar up with one hand, she had her laptop bag in the other hand and lunch box hanging on the same hand's shoulder. Holding the laptop bag near her stomach she walked carefully on the sloppy road… She had crossed almost half of the market but couldn't see Sidhant anywhere… A feeling of disappointment ran in her heart.

Suddenly she heard a honk of a car, she turned and saw a car coming towards in high speed. Suddenly her face turned pale due to fear as she couldn't understand where to move as the car was coming fast towards her. She looked at it horrified, but a pull on her belly saved her from getting hit…