Eight

Yeonjun was sleeping peacefully, cuddling with Soobin as they fell asleep like that, until he heard the door burst open and felt a small body jump on him.

He gasped and opened his eyes, holding his stomach in pain. This also woke Soobin up. Both males looked at the source of the stomach pain.

Yeonjun looked at the small boy, realizing it was his son. "Minnie, you can't just jump on me, it hurts my tummy." He said softly, sitting up and pulling the boy into his lap as he stroked his hair.

"Sorry Papa. I was just happy to see you!" The small boy said, hugging Yeonjun with a pout, nuzzling his chest.

Soobin sat up and smiled softly. "Who's this little guy?" He asked, sending a friendly look to the younger boy.

Yeonjun looked over at Soobin nervously. He didn't know what he would think about him having a son, but he knew he wouldn't judge him because of it.

"My name's Minjae! Everyone calls me Minnie, though. What's your name? Are you Papa's boyfriend?" The boy asked curiously, tilting his head.

"M-Minnie!" Yeonjun choked on air.

"What? You sleeped in the same bed together! Doesn't that make you boyfriends?" He asked innocently.

Yeonjun face palmed before looking at the child. "Sweetie, if that were really the case, me and you would be boyfriends by that strange logic."

Soobin chuckled and pinched the boy's cheeks softly. "My name is Soobin. I'm not your papa's boyfriend, but I am his really close friend. I hope we can get along together, Minnie." He said, shaking the little boy's tiny hand.

Minjae smiled happily and giggled. "Okay!! Papa, I'm gonna help uncle Tyunnie make breakfast! Grammy brought rice cakes, too!" He said before running away to the kitchen.

Yeonjun smiled as he watched the boy leave, loving his cuteness. He turned slightly to see Soobin smiling straight at him.

"You never told me your son was this cute." He said.

"Ah, so you did already know..." the older said sighing softly, covering his face with a pillow.

Soobin frowned and moved the pillow, scooting closer to him. "I did. But I wanted to wait until you told me to say anything. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by asking." He explained, gently caressing his cheek.

"Thank you. That's very considerate of you and you didn't have to do that." The older said, smiling at the younger who nodded in reply.

Yeonjun hummed softly and hugged Soobin. They stayed like that quietly for a little before Yeonjun spoke up.

"My ex broke up with me when I told him I was pregnant. He kicked me out of his apartment and I couldn't go anywhere except to Taehyun since my parents lived further away in a small apartment." He said, tears forming in his eyes as he held onto Soobin. "I've been made fun of so much through these past 4 years for it, but I really can't stand it when people talk about him. He's my life and I don't want anyone to hurt him." He said, crying softly into Soobin's shoulder.

The younger rubbed Yeonjun's back, trying to comfort him. He let him cry it all out on his shoulder. "It's alright Hyung. No one is gonna hurt Minnie, I promise you that. If anyone bullies you, I'll personally make sure they pay."

Yeonjun sniffled and pulled away to look at the younger, eyes glossy from crying. "Really?" He asked quietly.

Soobin smiled softly at him and nodded. "Of course, now let's go get some breakfast, yeah?" He said, wiping the boy's tears away gently.

Yeonjun nodded slightly and got up from the bed with Soobin. The two left the bedroom and went into the kitchen, where Taehyun had just finished making pancakes for everyone.

"Morning Hyun-ah" Yeonjun said sleepily, sitting down in his seat at the table, watching the younger put plates on the table.

"Morning Hyung, I noticed Soobin hyung stayed the night, so I made extras." He said, sitting in his seat next to Yeonjun at the square table.

"Thanks, Hyunnie, you're the best!" Soobin said with a smile.

"Minnie, come eat, baby." Yeonjun said, and Minjae came running into the kitchen from the livingroom. He sat down between Soobin and Yeonjun's seats.

"Thank you for breakfast, uncle Tyunnie!" He said before digging in, causing the older three to laugh and smile.

"I'm glad I came over here, because I got to meet the cutest little boy in existence~" Soobin said, smiling and eating his food.

Yeonjun hummed and started eating as well, listening to Minjae and Soobin talking and getting along with each other.

———

"Ahhh!!" Soobin fake screamed as Minjae used his dinosaur toy to eat his human toy figure.

"Hehe! Bob ate him! He's dead now!" Minjae said while giggling.

Soobin smiled. "Well guess what?" He said. Minjae tilted his head innocently and looked at Soobin, who picked him up, tickling his sides. "I got you!"

The little Choi squealed and wiggled around, trying to get out of Soobin's grip. "Stoppppppp! That ticklesssss!!"

Eventually Soobin did stop and chuckled softly, putting Minjae back down.

Yeonjun watched quietly with a smile. He was happy that Soobin was so accepting. It made him feel better.

Soobin walked over to Yeonjun, sending him a dimple smile.

"You're so good with kids. You'd make a great dad when or if you have kids." He said softly, complimenting the younger.

Soobin hummed. "I really love kids, they're so adorable and they're just so fun to play with." He answered, ruffling his own hair.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin. "Thank you for being so supportive Binnie. I honestly didn't know how you'd react when you knew I had a son.."

Soobin shook his head and gently pat the older's shoulder. "It's not your fault Junnie hyung. I already knew and stayed by your side, right? I'd never make fun of you for something like having a child. You're an adult after all, and if others don't see how amazing and strong you are for raising him, basically alone, then don't even give them the time of day." He said, reassuring the male.

Yeonjun smiled softly and hugged Soobin. Soobin hugged back while rubbing his back gently, holding him tightly.

"Ew! PDA!!"

Yeonjun blushed madly and pulled away while Soobin snorted.

"Minnie, he's not my boyfriend! You've been hanging out with uncle Taehyun too much." He huffed, looking at the little boy.

Minjae stuck his tongue out at him. "Sure he isn't." He looked at Soobin and walked up to him. "Are you gonna be my appa?!" He said excitedly.

Soobin hummed and booped his nose. "I'm not, but I'll come visit and play with you often. How about that?"

"Yeah!! You can play with me any time!!" The boy said, practically glowing with joy before running away to play.

Yeonjun smiled happily. He was glad the two were getting along. This was a good sign in his life, he thought.