Chapter 4

Three days later:

Y/N's POV:

We came back form the mission a few hours ago and I'm just entering my house after nick and me went to Dr. and Mrs. Davis's bakery. The mission did not exactly go according to plan I have a few bruises and wounds but the mission was still successful. After I'm in the house I first take a shower and change because I still have my uniform on once I'm finished I go into the living room and let myself fall on my sofa while I breathe a sigh of relief. I mean I love my job but it can get really stressful so I can't wait to just relax for a few days with no new missions and no drama so I turn on the TV and enter Netfilx. 

After I've been watching for half an hour I hear a knock on my door so I mute the TV and go to the door while rolling my eyes. Who the hell is that now? I think as I reach the door and open it. When I see who is at my door I immediately freeze I thought that they would approach me again but that was quick..

"Ahri? what are you doing here?" I ask her confused she looks at me but doesn't say anything as if she hadn't noticed that I had spoken to her, after a few seconds she comes back to reality

"what happened to your face Y/N?!" She says while she reaches for my face to take a closer look at the wounds I got on my mission. when she touches my wounds I twitch a little. even though they are only minor wounds they still hurt a bit.

"it's nothing, don't worry about it. What do you want Ahri?" I say as I take her hands off my face

"I wanted to try talking to you again. Can I come in?" I think for a few seconds and then nod and hold the door open for her. After she is inside I close the door before I go into the living room and sit on my chair and offer her to sit on the sofa. after she sits down we look at each other for a minute before she finally says something.

"I wanted to apologize to you again. We were so focused on our music that we forgot everything else so even though you were our best friend and I have been regretting that for a long time and I know that others feel the same way. We missed you so much but we were embarrassed to come to you after we left you alone." I get up and go into the kitchen, which causes Ahri to look at me in confusion. After a minute, I return with a beer in my hand and sit back down in the chair. I take a sip from the beer before I answer her.

" I would be lying if I said I didn't want to forgive you, but you left me alone and I don't know if I can ever trust you again..... But I am willing to try." I say. I don't know if this is a good idea but I have to try. as I look to Ahri I see her wide smile and a tear fall down her cheek. Before I can react she leaps out of the sofa runs into me and hugs me tightly.

"thank you so much Y/N thank you" she says while crying into my shoulder.

"don't mention it" I answer with a chuckle and start hugging her back.

After we hug for a few seconds I feel Ahri take her head off my shoulder when I look at her I see her staring at me I can't help but stare as well. I mean Ahri has always been very beautiful but now she is more beautiful than ever somehow.... More mature. in this moment it feels like nothing has changed

We slowly get closer and I put my hand on her cheek we are just about to kis- Wait what are we doing here? this is wrong. I mean yes I used to have a little crush on her even though I never told her but that was 10 years ago this is not the person I knew at the time none of the four are at least I can't be sure of it. so I turn away get up from the chair and take a couple of steps away. When I turn around Ahri is sitting on the chair I was just sitting on and looks embarrassed at me.

"Y/N I am so sorry I di-" before she talks any further, I'll interrupt her. it's not like it's all her fault alone.

"No. no problem everything is fine." I say while looking at the floor. then for minutes neither of us says anything. this is just embarrassing I have to say something I can't stand this silence any longer. 

"hey I've been meaning to ask you, why were the four of you fired?" after I say this she looks at me with surprise for a second but her facial expression quickly becomes sad. That's surprises me a bit. Is it really so bad?

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I say quickly.

"No. If we want to be friends again, that's something you need to know." she takes a deep breath before she continues.

"A few weeks ago Kai'sa was harassed by our manager when she told him to stop he tried to rape her but she managed to get away. When she told us about it that night eve wanted to kill him as it is eve's thing but I convinced her that it would be better to complain to the CEO of the recording company. but instead of helping us, he accused Kai'sa of lying and fired us saying 'we do not tolerate false accusations in this company'. that's why we came back. I guess we will continue to make music but now just alone." Hearing this makes me want to take my gun out of the safe and pay their ex manager a visit... I was always very protective of the girls but especially Akali and Kai'sa because they were like little sisters to me back then. So hearing something like that makes my blood boil and gives me the desire to slowly and painfully kill the guy who did this to her. one of the few things me and eve always agreed on. After Ahri tells me this story I could clearly see her trying to hold back her tears. it is clear that she blames herself for this, which is complete bullshit.

"Ahri this is not your fault you were not the one who harassed Kai'sa and you could not have known how your boss would react. Don't blame yourself" hearing this makes her smile

"Thanks Y/N" I am well aware that she did not believe a word I said, but she needed to hear it.

"So where do you guys live?" I ask

"Right now we are living in a hotel but we can't afford it for long so I guess we will have to live with my parents or look for jobs and rent an apartment. I don't know yet" she says while shrugging. I have an idea, a damn bad one. fuck I think I'm going to regret this.

"you can stay here if you want..." I say with a smile.

"A-Are you sure Y/N? I would not want us to be some kind burden to you." she responds, I shake my head in response

"you girls are not a burden, I have two guest rooms you could use and I am away a lot anyway because of my job. So you could work on your music without worrying about anything." She looks at me quietly for a few seconds and then smiles.

"Thank you very much Y/N... what exactly is your job? the woman in the bakery only said that you work in the navy" I chuckle a little bit at that. I mean, if they live here, it's inevitable that they'll find out what I'm doing. But I'd like to delay that as long as possible. It wouldn't be the first time that people I know get spooked when they find out what I'm doing.

"I think you should call the others and tell them to come here." She understands the message nods and gets up to make a phone call.

Yes I will definitely regret this I think while I look after Ahri and chuckle.

AN: Thank you for the 200 views that are 200 more than I expected So thank you again. Just like last time I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. Just for info I plan to publish a chapter every Saturday.