Chapter 19

Y/N's POV:

I'm sitting in the C-17 with the rest of my team, we're basically are ready to go, but we're still waiting for nick. The guy should really get his ass moving, Jason's patience is running out, he's been pacing up and down the plane for minutes.

Jason: Where the hell is he?

Y/N: Jason relax, I'm sure he'll be here any minute.

Jason: We don't have time for this, command is already getting on my nerves because they want this mission done and now I have to wait for one of my shooters on the airstrip because he can't get his dick out of his girlfriend.

I understand why he's so pissed, everything the team falls back on Delta 1 if nick fucks up Jason is going to hang for it. As Delta 2 it's my job to keep such worries off his back, looks like I fucked that up today.

Y/N: He told me that he is hurrying and he knows how important this mission is, he is probably stuck in traffic somewhere.

Jason doesn't answer anymore and just looks at me annoyed. 2 minutes later I hear Clay saying something, Clay is the newest in our team he is a bit inexperienced at least for seal standards but he is a great soldier.

Clay: There he is.

I turn to the direction Clay is calling and see Nick running up the ramp with his bags. As soon as he's inside, he straps his bags to the others and walks over to Jason to apologize. Me and the rest of the team sit down while the flight crew closes the ramp.
I can't hear what they're saying, but it's not hard to see that Jason isn't necessarily being nice to him. This goes on for a few minutes until nick sits down next to me.

Y/N: Idiot.

Nick: ...Yeah I know.

The next few hours are relatively quiet, with Nick and the rest of the team quickly falling asleep while Jason and I work out the plan for our mission.

Jason: Go wake up the others, jump off is in one hour.

Y/N: Okay.

I go to wake up the others and a few minutes later we are all standing together at a map of our target as Jason explains our mission to the team.

Jason: We have information that the North Koreans are planning to sell a nuclear warhead to an unknown terrorist group, the warhead is currently stored on a ship one mile off the coast. We will drop off into the jungle near the coast and stay there until we raid the ship in three days time, Y/n will now explain the exact plan of the raid.

The team turns to me and I lean against the table where the map is lying.

Y/N: In two days, once the sun has set, we will dive to the ship and use the rope ladder to get on the ship undetected. While Jason and Clay shut down the engine and radio, the rest of the team comes with me, we will locate the warhead, remove the radioactive material and destroy the warhead. One hour later we will be picked up by a CIA contact with a fishing boat and taken across the border where a Navy U-boat is waiting to take us to Japan from there the C-17 will take us back home.

As I explain the operation, everyone listens intently. Nothing is allowed to go wrong on this mission, if one of us is caught and we are identified as Americans, it could trigger a war with North Korea, no one is allowed to know that we were ever there.

Y/N: Any questions?

Two days later:

3rd POV: