Episode 19 - Rivalry Officialy Begins!

~ Noa's Pov ~

It's been a year since IRIS was formed. Spring had bloomed to the world. "It's so hot!" Akira said while lying on the couch. "I wish Tomiko were here!" Mani said. "Yeah, I wish she could've stayed in IRIS with us." Sakura said. "She must be having fun being with the successors right now..." Acchan said. "Everyone attention please." Yuma-San came into the living room. "What is it Yuma-san?" Takako asked. "Akb0048 successors will be performing in a spring festival this week." Yuma-san said. "How does this apply to us?" Ayako asked. "Yuko-chan will not be there due to a photoshoot she has to go to, that is on another planet. So one of you is chosen to take her place." Yuma-san said. "Really?!" everybody jumped in excitement. "Yes." she said. "Yuko's place like the "centernova" position!" Acchan said. "Yes, Yuko-chan will announce who will take her position later tonight in the theater where all of the kenkyuusei members will gather." Yuma-san then left. "I know who's going to take Yuko's place." Michiyo said. "Who?" Takako asked. "Acchan of course!" Aoi said. "You're right Aoi!" Saki said. Everybody agreed with her. "You really think so? Thank you!" Acchan smiled. "You're right Aoi, Acchan is totally going to take Yuko's place." I thought to myself.

~ Later ~

"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Michiyo said. "Sorry." Saki said. We all went into the theater. "Amazing! I never realized there were a lot of kenkyuusei members!" I said. I saw kenkyuusei members starting from the 98th generation to ours. We all took our seats and a few moments later the lights dimmed on to the stage. Out of nowhere A person covered with a cape gracefully landed on stage from the ceiling. Everybody got scared. "Hello, I'm the Phantom of the Opera!" The person shows it's face and had a white mask covering half of their face. "Just kidding! It's Matsumoto-sensei!" he gracefully took off the mask and the cape. He wore a fancy suit under the cape. Everybody clapped for his appearance. "Thank you for appreciating my appearances! I work hard to plan it!" he bowed to us. The claps faded. "Alright! It's time to get down to business!" he cheerfully said. Yuma-san came out and so did Yuko-senpai. "She's so pretty! Beautiful!" the kenkyuusei members said to each other as they saw Yuko. "Now, it's time for which of our little flowers gets to take this goddess's place!" Yuko stem stepped forward. She had an envelope on her hand. "Hello kenkyuuseis! Wow! Everybody looks so cute today!!!" Yuko cheerfully says. The members were fangirling over her comment. "Now it's time to announce of who will take the great Oshima Yuko's place!" she said in a deep voice. "Yuko is really funny!" I said to Takako. "Yeah." she smiled. "The person who will take my place is...she opens the envelope. I could feel the anxious, fear, and excitement out of everyone. I stayed calm since I know I won't be chosen. "TAKAHASHI NOA!!!" I heard my name. All eyes were on me. The whole theater was silent. "What..." I was confused. "Noa, congratulations! You're chosen to take my place!" Yuko said. I froze for a minute to digest of what was happening. Then it hit me. "W-WHAT?! WHY ME?!?!" I asked. "Noa please come up here to the stage!" Yuko cheerfully said. I nervously walked up to the stage. Everybody was whispering comments to each other. As I walked up to the stage Yuko out an arm around me. "Everyone! This is Ms. Takahashi Noa! Let's give a round of applause for her!" she cheerfully said. Everybody did. I just froze up there. "Everyone! That's all you can leave now!" Matsumoto-sensei said. Everybody started to leave. I started to walk but Yuko's arm was still around me. "Where ya going Noa-chan? You're not done yet!" she said. "Waht...?" I asked. "Noa, starting tomorrow you will be in the successors side of the school rehearsing all day with them! Got it?" Yuma-san asked. "Y-YES!" I nervously said. "See ya tomorrow Noa!" Yuko said. "Y-YOU TOO YUKO-SENPAI!" I said nervously. "Don't be so nervous!" she said as I left the auditorium. As I opened the door I saw everybody starring at me. I the had a nervous expression on my face. It turned quiet. "Why...why you?" a trainee from another generation asked. "Huh?" I asked. "Why you?! You're always stealing the spotlight from us older trainees!" she said. "We have been here working our asses off for a very long time! While you, a clumsy, weak new trainee decides to steal our spotlight! One of us deserves to take your place!" another trainee said. "Ya know, the only new trainee that should take your place is Acchan!" another trainee said. Everybody agreed with her. "Hey! Stop it!" Takako stood up for me. "Shut up Takako! Don't get in our way! As a leader you should know your place." another trainee said. "I actually know my place, maybe you as a older trainee, should know your place and accept reality of competition. I'm just being a good leader and standing up for my band mate. Maybe you should stop complaining and work harder, maybe that will change those attitudes of yours." Takako said back. Nobody has anything else to say. "Stop it Takako, I can take it, I can stand up for myself." I said. Takako nodded. "Noa." All eyes were on Acchan as she came up to me. "Acchan..." I said. "Everyone...is right...stealing everyone's spotlight...taking everything from everybody...especially from me... so..." I felt a harsh burn on my face as Acchan's hand forced her hand into my cheek. Everybody was shocked. "Stop it!" we all heard a voice. Ichirou, Matsumoto-sensei, Yuma-san, and some of the other successors walked up to us. "We weren't doing anything Matsumoto-sensei!" The older trainee said. "We saw everything, don't make any excuses. Everyone please do carry on and don't bully Noa anymore. Don't blame her or anyone for this." Matsumoto-sensei said. "It was actually my decision for Noa to take my place." Yuko suddenly said. No one responded to that. "Let's go." the kenyuusei said. Everybody left. "Acchan, Takako, Noa, I need to speak with you." Matsumoto-sensei said. All three of us went into his office. Acchan's expression looked like she of angry. That didn't surprised me, of course she will be. We got to his office. "I'll speak three of you individually. Acchan you're first." She went in with him, Yuma-san, and Takamina.