Episode 4 - Final Round: Battle to the top! Pt. 1

~ Noa's Pov~
< Flashback <
"I HATE YOU NOA!"
> Back to present >
Those words Acchan said stung me hard. It's been 3 days since the incident. I haven't talked to Acchan since then. Nor talked to anybody. Today is the day the results from the 2nd round are released. Yuma-san is right. everything does get real. I got dressed and went to the theater by myself. I'm pretty sure everybody from my group is furious at me because I made them fall and ruin the audtiion for all of us. I went inside the theater after and took a seat. "Not everybody is here yet. I must be early." I said to myself. "Hey Noa." I turned and saw Takako smiling at me. "I'm so sorry about what happend during the auditions!" I got up from my seat and bowed to her. "No, no it's fine! Are you okay Noa? I've been trying to contact you for the last 3 days." she said. "Yeah." I said. "By the way, I've talked to Matsumoto-sensei and Yuma-san about it. They said that it won't effect our chances anyways." she explained. "Thanks Takako but, I'm pretty sure everybody is mad at me." I said. "Everybody is not mad at you. Matsumoto-sensei already explained the situation to everybody." Takako explained. "Thank goodness!" I felt relived. "Are you sure you're alright Noa?" Takako asked. "Yeah, I'm just upset about something." I answered. "Is it about the Acchan thing from 2 days ago?" She asked. "How did you know?" I asked. "I saw it when I was walking back to the theater.
< Flashback <
~ Takako's Pov ~
I walking back to get something I left from the theater when I saw Acchan and Noa. "How could you betrayed me like that Takahashi Noa!" Acchan spoke with a hurtful tone. "But I didn't mean to make you fall Acchan!" Noa said to her. After a few moments I heard the last sentence of their fight. "I HATE YOU NOA!" Acchan left after. I was shocked of what I heard Acchan and Noa told me they were best friends since 4 years old.
> Back to present >
~ Noa's Pov ~
"You don't have to worry about me Takako." I said. "Takako come sit with us!" Michiyo called out to her. "No it's fine! I'll sit with Noa!" she said to Michiyo. I saw Acchan next to Saki talking to her. She seemed normal when I saw her. When they were done talking I waved at her. She turned to my direction but didn't notice me. "Are you sure? You don't have to sit with me if you don't to." I said. "I'm sure! After what happened after the auditions, you definitely need company!" Takako said. Thanks Takako!" I said. "It's about to start!" Takako said to me. The lights went off and there was only lights shining on the stage. "Hello everybody!" Matsumoto-sensei and Yuma-san came out. "I know you pretty flowers are nervous for the results. But, we can only keep 80 of you for the final round!" He said. "Now....here are the results!" He said. "From Group 1!" He started to announce the results.
> 5 minutes later >
"From Group 5!" He announced. "I'm nervous!" Saki said. "You're always nervous!" Michiyo said. "Shh! He's about the announce who's going to the final round from our group!" Acchan shushed them. "From group 5!" He announced. "The people woh will be moving on to the final round is: Ichihara Atsuko!" He first announced. "Yes!' Acchan said. "Yamazaki Michiyo." He said. "My calculations are faultless as always!" she pushes up her glasses. "Kobashigawa Takako." He went on. "Yes!" Takako said. "Congratulations Takako!" I said to her. "Thanks" she said. "Rino Saki" he said. "M-me?" Saki asked. "You did it Saki!" Acchan hugged her. "And finally.................. Takahashi Noa!" He finished. "Huh?" I asked. I was shocked. "You did it Noa! Congratulations!" Takako hugged me. "Thanks!" I said.
> 15 minutes later >
He finished announcing all 80 participants. "I'm sorry to all of you who did not make it! You may leave the theater now." he announced. After all of the other applicants were gone there was 80 of us left sitting in the theater. "Now! It's time to get down to business! he said. "To all 80 of you who were selected congratulations to all of you! In the final round we decided to change up a few things." he announced. "What?!" everybody asked. " In the final round, you can audition solo or auditiion with who ever you like in a maximum of 8!" he said. "We should audition together with the others Noa!" Takako said. "No it's fine I might want to audition solo." I said. "And..." he went on. "You may choose the song you want to do for the audition!" he announced. "By the end of the auditions 12 of you will be selected and will be the official 100th generation of Akb0048!" Yuma said. "You have 2 weeks to prepare! Good luck little flowers!" he said. We all went out of the theater. "Did you really have to say 'little flowers' to them?" Yuma asked. "I just had to. Why? Are you jealous little flower?" he asked. Yuma face-palmed herself while sighing. "No...I'm going to now..." Yuma left.
> Later >
~ Takako's Pov ~
"Here you go Michiyo!" I brought two smoothies for Michiyo and I. I sat down in the outside cafe of the Akb0048 cafe. "Hey Michiyo." I said. "What is it?" Michiyo took a sip of her green tea smoothie. "Do you think it's a good idea to have Noa audition with us?" I asked. Michiyo finished taking her sip. "No. In the situation that she is in with Acchan, impossible. Besides you said that she wanted to audition solo anyways so there is no point." she answered. "I know she wants to audition with us but-" Michiyo interrupted me. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "According to my calculations, it is impossible for Noa and Acchan to restore their friendship but, I think it's best to let Noa and Acchan go their own seprate ways for a while." she said. It seems now that everybody is worried about what will happen to Noa and Acchan.
> Later >
"So what song should we do?" Saki asked. Saki, Michiyo, Acchan and I were in one of the practice rooms planning on what we should for the auditions. "I think we should do River!" Michiyo suggested. "How about Ponytail to Shushu?" Saki asked. "Maybe Ogoe Diamond?" I suggested. "What you Acchan?" Saki asked. "How about Iiwake Maybe?" Acchan suggested and smiled after. I don't get it. Acchan is acting like her usual self but:
< Flashback <
Acchan and I were talking in the practice room alone. "It was a mistake Acchan!" I told her. "No it wasn't! Noa made me fall on purpose!" she said. "But Matsumoto-sensei alreadyexplained the situation to us just a while ago!" I said. "Y-YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Acchan stormed out of the practice room. "Acchan..." I said.
> Back to the present >
"Takako, Takako." Acchan called me. "Huh? Sorry I was just think about something." I said. "Ok then it's setteled! We're doing Iiwake Maybe for the audition!" she said.
~ Noa's Pov ~
"Hmm which practice room should I use..." I was walking down the hallway trying to find what practice room I should use. "Ahh!" I bumped into somebody. "I'm sorry!" I bowed to them. "Huh? Hey isn't that girl from Group 5 who made everybody fall in the 2nd audition?" the girl who I bumped into asked her friend behind her. "Yeah what was her name? Hmm.... was it Takahashi Baka?" she asked (for those who don't know baka means idiot in Japanese. I decided to put that there since to me Noa and baka sound alike). "Hey how did she pass through the 2nd audition anyways?" the girl asked. "I don't know. Maybe she's the presdient's favorite since she is so 'special'." the other answered. "That's what you get for making everybody fall you baka! You especially shouldn't made Acchan fall and associate with other people like us who are talented!" they both started laughing at me. I started tearing but didn't do anything. "Ha! Look at you! Not doing anything at all and having water coming out of your eyes! You are pathetic!" they continued laughing again. "STOP IT!" a voice from afar said. She walked closer to us. She had wavy brunette wavy hair and brown eyes. "You guys better stop bullying her or or else I'll be reporting you! She's the 'baka'? You guys can't even get her name right! You also don't know what exactly happened to Group 5 at the 2nd round of auditions so don't go sticking your noses into other peoples' business and focus on the final auditions if you want to make it! Also, there was a Kenkyuusei member several years ago named Houjuo Noa! She was named one of the greatest members of all time in Akb0048 history! So you shouldn't make fun of a name like Noa!" she said. "Y-yes Tomiko-sama!" they both said in a nervous tone. "WE DEEPLY APOLOGIZE FOR OUR ACTIONS!" they both bowed to me. "No it's fine." I said. They both walked away in a speedy fashion. "Thanks so standing up to me but you didn't have to do that for me." I thanked her. "No problem, I had to, I can't stand people getting bullied like that!" she said. "My name is Takahashi Noa." I introduced myself to her. "My name is Itano Tomiko." she intoduced herself back. "No way! are you from the famous Itano family?" I asked. "Yep! I'm going to the the next Itano Tomomi." she said. "Woah I can't believe that I'm actually meeting an actual family member from the Itano family!" I said. She laughed a bit. "Do you want to go out for lunch with me?" she asked me. "Sure!' I said.
> 30 minutes later >
We went to a cafe that was near the dorm buildings. "Thanks Tomiko!" I said. "No problem." she said. "So Noa what brought you to audition?" she asked. "Well, when I was 4 years old I went to go see my very first Akb0048 concert and it inspired me to join." I answered. "Amazing! What planet are you from?" she asked. "Callistar." I said. "That's far from Akibastar!" she said. "You know, from all of the people from the Itano family you look different. " I said. "I know.." she said. "I-I meant that in a good way!" I said. "Really?!" she asked. "Yeah I mean the hair color of your hair close to the orignal Itano Tomomi. the other Tomomis had a light hair color than the orignal!" I said. "So? It doesn't mean anything." she said. "How tall are you Tomiko?" I asked. "5' 2"." she answered. "So you're close to her height!" I said. "I know you're just trying to make feel better and it's not going to work!" she laughed a little. "I'm being serious here!" I laughed a little also. We both laughed for a short while. "Hey Noa, what are you doing for the final audition?" Tomiko asked. "Well I haven't decided what song I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I might consider doing solo." I said. "Well I wondering if you would want to audition with me? Is it okay?" Tomiko asked. I was surprised! "M-me auditioning with you? NO WAY I'LL SCREW UP BIG TIME!!!" I said. "No you won't! It'll be fun! You're a fun person to hang out with!" she said to me. "R-really?!" I asked. "Yeah of course!" she said. "Ok then I'll do it! I'll audition with you!" I said. "Then it's official!" we shook hands.
> 4 days later >
~ Acchan's Pov ~
"Ok everybody let's do it again!" I said. We got to our positions.
-
Riding my bicycle (riding my bicycle)
Down that familiar road (down that familiar road)
Wiping off the sweat
From waiting in line
Feeling a September breeze
On our day off (on our day off)
If you can't make it (if you can't make it)
The things about you
Make sure you take care of yourself
I thought
We were just friends
But right now,
You,
I really miss you
Maybe
Maybe
Maybe I like you
In the sky
There isn't a single cloud
Maybe
Maybe
Maybe I like you
It's how love is,
That much I know
But maybe that's an excuse
-
I stopped the music. "Huh? What's wrong Acchan?" Takako asked. "Something is not right... Saki, you have to be in sync with us. Come over here." I said. "Dance with me, I'll show you. 1,2,3,1,2,3" we danced the main part together. "Good now just do exactly like we did and you'll get the hang of it!" I said. "Let's do it from the top!" I started the song.
-
Riding my bicycle (riding my bicycle)

Down that familiar road (down that familiar road)

Wiping off the sweat

From waiting in line

Feeling a September breeze...
-
~ Meanwhile ~
~Noa's Pov~
"Are you ready Noa?" Tomiko asked. "Yep!" I said. We got to our positions and the song started.
-
If you're any kinder to me than this
My heart will crumble
I'm not crying, but if I blink
This sadness will become drops of water

Even though I'm the one at fault
Why are you not angry?
You just smile...
-
I felt something incredible inside me. I felt the radiance and my Kirara harmonizing with our voices. The feeling was wonderful.
-
If I could return to your arms
I would leap into them
Right away
If I always act spoiled
It's because it hurts each time I remember

We couldn't become the ideal couple, could we?
I'm too childish
Because I fell in love with someone else
I chased away our happiness

What wasn't good enough for you
Was only that I ignore you
Like I'm pushing you away

When I'm loved this strongly
I seek warmth
And take refuge in it
If I expect to be hurt again
No matter how much time passes, I don't become stronger

Even if I'm held by someone else
The fact that I'll be forgiven for it
Is excessively painful

If I could return to your arms
I would leap into them
Right away
If I always act spoiled
It's because it hurts each time I remember

When I'm loved this strongly
Who I've been up until now
Becomes no good
Shaking free of your hand, I'll move on
Courage is necessary for the future
I want to become strong
-
The song ended."You were amazing Noa!" Tomiko said to me. "Thanks you're voice is beautiful!" I said. "Thank you." she said. In the final audition Tomiko and I decided to do a rare Akb0048 song that was originally sung by the original Kojima Haruma and the original Maeda Atsuko. The song is "Omoidasu Tabi ni Tsuraku Naru". "Ok Noa we can take a break now."Tomiko said. "Ok I'll catch up with you I'll go get water for us. "You don't have to get water for me." she said. "Ok." I closed the door. I walked to the machine down the hallway. As I took my water bottle from the machine I saw Acchan walking down. I didn't dare myself to say hi to her. I was about to but I remember that she is still mad at me. She then stopped next to me. "Excuse me." she said. "Sorry." I said. She pressed a button on the machine and waited for her drink to come out. "Hey Noa." she said. "Acchan I'm so-" she interrupted me. "You don't have to apologize to me anymore. But that doesn't mean I forgive you." she said. There was a short pause. "I will not lose to you Takahashi Noa in the final round. If you make it through, then I will still not lose to you and will achieve my dream of becoming the next successor of Maeda Atsuko and centernova no matter what." she said to me. She got her drink after. "Excuse me." she then left.
*End of Episode*

[Preview]
Noa: The final auditions are almost here!
Tomiko: We can do it Noa!
Takako: Acchan are you okay?
Acchan: I'm okay.
Saki: I wonder who will pass.
Michiyo: Don't mess up everyone!
Acchan: Next time on Akb0048: New Stage: Final Round: Battle to the top! Pt. 2
A/N:
Hey everybody! Sorry it took me so long to update! I'm SOOOO happy that so many people love my story! Thank you SOOOOOOO much! Please keep reading it because there will be A LOT of good stuff coming later on! Episodes will be officially released every Friday night! More episodes and specials will be released on holidays and vacations!