8. Pleasant Surprise

The Doctor carefully unpackaged the materials, his eyes widening as he realised just how much you had collected.

"You brought back two times the amount of circuits I asked for and triple the amount of gears?"

"Yes My Lord, I would have collected more but I was unable to salvage the rest of the parts"

"What a pleasant surprise. Hold on did you say salvage? What do you mean by salvage?"

"Well Sir, I got into a fight against seven ruin guards, which is why I was in such a bad state when I returned," you spoke trying to observe any expression beneath his mask.

He's so hard to read and for what?

"So I take it you aren't aware there is a ruin guard factory about an hours walk away from here?"

Oh.

"No Sir,"

He scoffed once again looking at the materials you had collected shaking his head.

"Where did you even find seven ruin guards?" He questioned, "Actually, you know what, nevermind I'm just surprised you were able to defeat seven ruin guards by yourself,"

What's that supposed to mean? The fuck is this guy on about? Hold on, I never mentioned I fought them by myself.

"I was able to tell by the wounds, had you fought side by side by someone else you wouldn't have so many injuries on the back of your legs and arms, not to mention how easy you are to read. You really need to work on that"

You looked at him in pure shock. There was no way he could read your mind, right?

You didn't care, you just wanted to go back to your quaters and sleep, hoping that somehow Scaramouche would still be your boss in the morning and you wouldn't have to spend another second in this lab with The Doctor.

"Heh, go and rest, oh and I expect a black coffee on my desk 8 o'clock sharp. 2 sugars,"

"Yes, sir,"

A/N

AH IM BACK ALSO SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR THE 3.1 ARCHON QUEST AHEAD

SO IDK WHETHER TO CHANGE HIS RANKING IN MY STORY CUZ IT WAS CONFIRMED HE WAS THE 2ND IN THE CUTSCENE SO IDK

I THINK I PROBABLY WILL BUT IDK LMK UR OPINION