24. Too Early

|Prime POV |

I heard faint knocks from the lab door, and when they persisted I left my office to open the door.

Half of the locks were already undone, it was too early for me to worry about locking it all the way, so I undid the remainder of them and opened the door.

Y/n stood on the other side, they gave me an innocent smile and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Prime," they greeted before walking into the lab.

How do they have the energy to be this enthusiastic at this hour.

"Morning Y/n," I took a pocket watch out of one of the pockets of my coat and looked at the time, "It's rather early isn't it? I thought your day started at half past eight?" My tiredness really was becoming a problem.

"You would be correct, but I have some exciting news for you,"

Their eyes lit up as they stood in front of me. They look so innocent, so pure, so fragile.

"So I was in the staff room early this morning when Pierro and Signora came in, they were talking about how everything is prepared for Mondstadt and how well the preperations have gone. That's when Signora asked if the departure date could be moved forward, and Pierro said that the departure would be moved forward to this afternoon!" You could easily mistake them for a child with how wide their smile was and how they were practically jumping with excitement.

"Isn't that just amazing? Oh and Pierro was saying that if the mission is finished early there will not only be a ball held in Signora's honour but a festival too!" I couldn't contain my laugh at their innocence.

They gave me a puzzled look.

"What the fuck is he laughing at?"

"I merely find it amusing how my dear assistant has been eavesdropping on Her Majesty's right hand man," their face bloomed red.

"I wouldn't call it eavesdropping, and Pierro asked me to tell you anyways,"

"I'm sure he did,"

"He actually did! You can ask him yourself,"

"Perhaps I will,"

Somebody began hammering on the lab door, it was most likely the man we were just discussing so I quickly opened the door.

I've known Pierro for long enough to know it's a bad idea to keep him waiting.

"Pierro, how nice to see you,"

"Dottore, I trust Y/n has told you about the discussion Rosalyne and I were having earlier this morning,"

It was times such as these that I was glad I made the switch from my old mask to one that covered my eyes, for Pierro would have scolded me for the way my eyes widened, I didn't think they were telling the truth.

"They have indeed,"

"Very well then, she will be leaving at half past four exactly. I expect you to be there."

"Of course Pierro,"

"I mean it Dottore."

"I know, and I will be there,"

"Don't forget that I can take your lab away from you and nobody would bat an eye,"

"The Luitenant and I will even get there early to wish Rosalyne well on her journey and perhaps give her a small gift so she may always be reminded of us whilst she is away,"

Pierro scoffed and turned on his heel before walking up the stairs, I closed the door once he was well out of sight.

"Told you so,"

"Don't even Y/n,"

"Sorry Dot."

A/N

IM BACK WHOOOO also updates will be slow for a little while whilst i try to get back into writing BUT GOOD NEWS I HAVE A PHONE NOW CUZ MY DAD HAD AN OLD ONE HE WASNT USING

ANYWAYS WE ENDED UP GETTING THE BUDGIE A FEW DAYS EARLY

HIS NAME IS JOEY AND I LOVE HIM

ANYWAYS BYE FOR NOW TAKE CARE EVERYONE  💙💙