40. The Letter

You carefully peeled the wax from the paper, trying your best not to rip it, once the wax had been removed you opened the letter.

"Dear Y/n,

Prime showed me the transfer letter this morning, he signed it ready for you to finish. He believes you will take this opportunity to leave. I hope you won't.

I know we aren't the kindest Harbinger or the most paitent, but I believe you can and already have changed that. Prime's mood has improved significantly and so has mine, we have you to thank for that.

I have been telling the others about the ruin guard incident, they can't wait to meet the Luitenant who took on seven ruin guards and walked back to Zapolyarny Palace.

I've enjoyed your company more than I can put into words. I always look forward to seeing you and talking to you. Remeber when I took you to the bakery? That was the most nerve-wracking day of my life, I stayed up the night before, I couldn't sleep becuase of how excited and anxious I was. I could walk into a room of a thousand people and give a completely improvised speech, but when it comes to you I can't help but overthink everything.

I'm not sure when you will see this letter or if I will keep it hidden to remind me of you, but if you do, know that I care deeply about you. If I come back and you have been hurt, I would kill the bastard that dared to lay his hands on you. Only if you wanted me to of course.

I know I may not be able to convince you to stay, but I hope you do. Even if you don't, I'll always welcome you back to the lab with open arms.

Yours faithfully,

Ténèbres."

You felt tears prick at the corner of your eyelids, threatening to spill over as you remembered how Ténèbres had hugged you so tightly.

Holding the letter close to your chest, you laid back on your bed. The clone was too sweet for this world. You decided you were going to buy something for him, but realisation hit you.

Is he... in love with me? Perhaps I'm reading inbetween the lines a bit too much?

Your thoughts were interrupted by knocking at the door, you wiped your eyes and sat up, hiding the letter under your pillow as you did so. You walked over to the door and opened it revealing Sidwell.

"Good evening Sidwell," You greeted Pierro's assistant.

"Evening, Y/n. Pierro wants me to inform you that Dottore and yourself will be required in the meeting room tommorow to 'interview' a new team of assassins, hand-picked by Pierro himself." He informed you as he read from a piece of paper, which was barely hidden by his hands.

"We'll be there, thank you Sidwell,"

A/N

MY WATTPAD HAS BEEN REALLY WEIRD FOR THE OAST FEW DAYS BUT WE HIT 100K READS

I INOW ITS SHORT BUT I HAD TO WRITE IT IN MY NOTES BECUASE WATTPAD KEPT CRASHING AFTER LIKE 100 WORDS 😭

THE SPECIAL CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED ON STAURDAY

UNTIL NEXT TIME TAKE CARE EVERYONE

LOVE YOU ALL 💙💙