16. The Harbingers

You woke up abruptly from loud knocking on your door, you rolled out of bed and walked over to the door.

You opened it to reveal Sonya Solkov, Pulcinella's assistant, and Anya Fox, La Signora's assistant.

They looked you up and down before raising a brow at your half-asleep self.

"The Harbinger meeting starts in thirty minutes, and your presence as Number 2's assistant is required," Anya said emphasising 'Number 2's assistant'.

You nodded at the two of your firends and closed the door. You began hastily getting ready, it would not be good if you turned up to your first meeting late.

You found it strange that only the higher ranking Harbingers were allowed to have their assistants present during meetings, but since Anya had come to tell you about the meeting, you assumed every assistant was going to be there.

You took a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, you certainly didn't remeber the uniform looking that good, before grabbing your notebook and making your way to the meeting room.

On the way there you saw Dottore emerging from his lab.

I swear he always looks exhausted.

He walked over to you, "Why do I have to come in person, why can't I just send one of my clones, it would be so much easier." He complained.

"Good morning to you too Lord Harbinger."

He grumbled to your greeting and began walking infront of you.

"I take it this is your first meeting? Just remember, don't laugh, don't look at Pierro and if She's there, don't look at Her Majesty." He warned from infront of you.

You reached the meeting room doors and he turned around to you, "Oh and you'll have to stand for the duration of the meeting," with that he pushed ooen the meeting room doors, "Hm we seem to be quite early, how unusual."

He immediately went to sit down and you stood by his side at the right side of the long table.

There was a clipboard at the front of the table, which Dottore immediately pulled over to him, he examined the first page, a register of everyone who was attending today.

Each of The Harbingers were listed, along with their assistants. Dottore threw the clipboard back to its original position.

"Notebook." He said simply extending his hand out to you, you passed him the notebook and he took a pen out of one of his pockets placing it next to the book on the table.

"We aren't technically allowed to speak during the meeting, but becuase I can read your mind, we can still communicate, if you have any questions just say them in your head, and I'll answer them with your notebook," He explained, to which you nodded.

It was then that Pantalone and his assistant Curt Redcliffe entered the meeting room.

"Well, it must be a very important meeting if even The Doctor is here early," Pantalone said with a slight laugh.

Capitano and his assistant came in shortly after, they entered silently, but his assistant, Ocean Tung, simled at you as she stood by Capitano's side.