18. Love?

|Prime's POV |

"You believe you have romantic feelings for Y/n?"

"Yes." This was my third time pacing the room, my head felt heavy in my hands and my heart was beating out of my chest.

"You've spent one week with them? Are you sure? It could be something else that you are confused about, love and admiration often feel the same way, perhaps it is that?"

I stopped pacing, he was right. Despite being human myself, I was never very good at recognising emotions. That was a very good explanation for my feelings, but the science behind it showed it was most likely love. Perhaps my research was wrong? Impossible. Teyvat's smartest man? Wrong? Even I was starting to feel like I was going insane.

That word. That stupid little word. If this were my office I would have gone out and destroyed a robbot, or experimented, but for the sake of Pulcinella, I tried to push my feelings down for now, I would deal with them later.

"Love affects us in different ways Dottore, some people would kill for the person they love, others would rather sit miserable so long as the person they loved was happy. There's no need to be afraid of it, and if it isn't love then at least you don't have to confess."

Such a wise man, but his words did not help allieviate my fears.

We hadn't ruled out it being down to admiration, and a lack of understanding on how the brain works.

"Do you know of any books I could read?"

"About what?"

"This... love thing."

"I'll have them sent to your office, and don't worry this will stay between us."

"Thank you, Pulcinella."

"It's my pleasure Dottore."

I left his office and made my way back to my lab, I would have to preoccupy myself with work for now.

A/N

OMG OKAY SO I DIDNT EXPECT TO HIT 2K READS SO QUICK??

ALSO 2 CHAPTERS IN 1 DAY AND MORE TO COME??

if u want to see anything special or smth for 2k reads pls let me know ill try my best to do it <3