46. Waking Up

You awoke in Dottore's arms, The Harbinger was still sound asleep, his signature mask still covering his face and his navy button-up had the top three buttons undone, partly revealing his toned chest and his harness underneath. The Doctor's accessories, coat, gloves and boots were neatly folded on the floor by your bedside table. One of his arms was wrapped loosely around your waist and The Doctor was using the other as a pillow. Both of your arms were gently placed against his chest and they moved slightly as The Doctor's chest moved up and down. You pulled the covers over the two of you, trying not to wake Dottore up, but when you you looked back towards him you noticed a smirk on his face.

"How adorable," The Doctor mused after he realised you had caught him faking sleep.

"Did you even sleep?" You asked as he pulled you closer to him.

He simply hummed in response and placed his head on top of yours. His embrace was warm and loving, something you didn't expect from Number Two of the Fatui Harbingers, but nonetheless you melted into his touch.

"You didn't sleep at all did you?" You whispered into his chest.

His arm tightened around your waist and this time he didn't even respond to your question. He stayed silent as his bare hand rubbed circles into your back. You moved your head to look at him, slightly concerned at his quiet attitude, but he looked away from your gaze.

"Are you all right?"

"I may not have been entirely truthful," Prime spoke, his gaze still on the door to your room.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," He looked back at you, "It doesn't matter, all you need to know is I haven't been entirely truthful."

He moved his arm from beneath his head, letting his hand cup your cheek. You realised he had many scars across his hand and forearm, the skin of his palm was coarse but his touch was gentle and the scars decorated his arms like art across a canvas. Your hand moved to cup his, interlocking your fingers, your thumb drawing circles over his hand.

You sighed leaning into his touch, "Whatever it is, I hope you can tell me one day, there's no need to rush afterall. This is all new to me and I'm assuming new to you aswell, it's best if we take things one step at a time for now."

You both stayed silent for awhile, "How's your injury?" You said breaking the silence.

"Well, I used a new drug I'm developing to heal it almost instantly, but it's in development and I haven't worked out all of the kinks so it ended up doing more harm than good," Dottore answered, "It lowered my pain tolerance to almost nothing and the wound was painful to the touch and easily breakable, so me throwing that chair ended up opening the wound. I forgot to take it as I should have done but I've given up on it now, plus Signora wrapped the wound up pretty nicely. She learnt from the best, of course."

You laughed at his boasting, "You're alright though, right?" He nodded his head, "That's all that really matters I suppose. Do you think it will scar?"

"He litterally cut me like a pie, Y/n. There is a part of my body that was removed by him."

"So that's a yes?"

"How were you ever accepted into the Akademiya?" Dottore shook his head at you causing you to become slightly embarrassed.

"Hey! I'm smart sometimes," You poked his chest.

Dottore pulled you closer as he began to chuckle, you tried to push yourself away from him, but you soon relaxed against his chest. He grabbed your face, forcing you to look at him.

"Is that right?" He teased, playing with your face, "I'm joking, Y/n. I know your intelligent, perhaps you just hide it to avoid suspicion," He let go of your face and let his hand mindlessly trace your arm.

"No, but working with The Harbingers has definitely helped with 'dumbing me down' as they called it in training."

"Honestly some of them are so stupid, it genuinely scares me."

A cold gust of air filled the room, it wasn't a strong wind, but its sudden appearance put you on edge. Although The Palace is cold, there should be no gusts of wind, the windows were often shut due to the snowstorms that raged in Snezhnaya, and you certainly didn't open your windows as your room was cold enough as is. As the cold brushed against your neck, you looked over your shoulder, when you were greeted with the same room, windows sealed and curtains still, just you and Dottore present, you turned to face Dottore again. Your guard lowered slightly, but you were far from relaxing.

Dottore seemed to catch onto your behaviour and surveyed the room, he looked back at you with a smile on his face, "We should go to my room tonight, Her Majesty makes sure that level of The Palace is not too cold. However, I haven't been up there in quite some time so I will send a clone or two to get the room in order for us,"

His calm attitude allowed you to relax more, but you were still concerned, it wouldn't be the first time somebody had broke into your room.

Dottore yawned, "What are we doing today then?"

A/N

OH MY GOD FIRST OF ALL IM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY ON THIS CHAPTER I WAS GOING TO UPLOAD IT YESTERDAY BUT ITS JUST BEEN HARD TO WRITE IT

SECOND IM SORRY IF THIS WHOLE SCENE FEELS VERY RUSHED AND UNNATURAL I FORGOT HOW I WRITE HALF WAY THROUGH AND JUST... YEAH ITS A MESS BUT IM CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING A VALENTINES SPECIAL AND I LITTERALLY WILL NOT GET IT DONE IF I STILL HAVENT FINISHED THIS CHAPTER

ALSO IM SORRY ABOUT HOW SHORT IT IS

IM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH HOW THIS TURNED OUT SO IT IS LIKELY THAT I WILL REWRITE IT AT SOME POINT BUT FOR NOW THIS IS GOING TO BE IT

IM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO FINISH THE VALENTINES SPECIAL BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK

honestly I kind of consider this chapter as the calm before the storm kind of thing

BUT THATS PROBABLY JUST ME TRYING TO MAKE MYSELF LIKE IT

ANYWAYS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE ON THESE CHAPTERS (IM STILL VERY SORRY ABOUT THE  A/N) AND IM GLAD YOU ALL LIKE OCEAN AND CAPITANO ESPECIALLY BECUASE THEY ARE SO FUN TO WRITE

FOR THOSE WHO ARENT AWARE OCEAN AND THE REST OF THE ASSISTANTS ARE MY OWN CHARACTERS WHO I CREATED AS OF RIGHT NOW THEY DONT REALLY HAVE DESCRIPTIONS BUT YEAH THEYRE JUST THERE DOING THEIR THING

HOWEVER I WILL SAY ONE THING SIDWELL WAS BORN IN MONDSTADT AND MOVED TO SNEZHNAYA IN HIS LATE TEENS TO JOIN THE FATUI BUT HIS FAMILY IS SNEZNAYAN

I WILL EVENTUALLY BE ADDING LIKE A CHARACTER PROFILE TOWARDS THE BEGINING OF THE STORY THAT DESCRIBES ALL OF THE ASSISTANTS AND OF COURSE THE CLONES BUT THAT WONT BE FOR SOME TIME

ANYWAYS THATS IT FOR MY LITTLE RANT TODAY I HOPE YOUVE ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER I ALSO HOPE EVERYONE WHO CELEBRATES IT HAD A GOOD VALENTINES DAY I LOVE YOU ALL TAKE CARE EVERYONE 💙💙