33. Confessions

"Prime, it's me, can I come in?"

"Oh, Y/n? Yes, you can,"

You opened the door to reveal Prime sitting at his desk, looking rather troubled to say the least.

"Is everything alright?" You said as you took a seat in front of him.

"I need to tell you something,"

Your heart dropped. You had been working under him for less than two weeks. With everything that had happened so far, today looked like it could be your last.

"You have been my best assistant yet, and you've worked here for eleven days, you deserve to know who I really am,"

"Lord Dottore, you really don't have to share that with me, today has been," You paused, "Its been good and bad. The last thing I would want is for you to share information with me when you seem uncomfortable about doing so,"

Scaramouche had accidentally revealed his identity and past to you whilst in the middle of a breakdown, so it wouldn't be the first time a Harbinger had told you something you probably shouldn't be aware of. Dottore was tapping his desk and breathing slowly, his entire body seemed tense. It was obvious something was making him feel uncomfortable, whether it be the rumours, or the information he was about to reveal, you weren't sure.

"No, it's fine. What I'm about to tell you isn't exactly a major secret anyways and I need to tell you, I'll never forgive myself if I don't," he sighed, his body relaxing slightly.

"I have killed thousands, I am known for my unpredictability and long list of crimes. I am perhaps the most hated man in all of Teyvat. There are only three of my past assistants who I did not kill. One of them being Sidwell, the other two quit being assistants after working for me and now live their lives outside of the Fatui albeit under constant surveillance. The ones who didn't survive, I brutally murdered, turned them into things even the abyss would be afraid of. Yet, for some reason unknown to me, Her Majesty suggested I take on a new assistant. After a heated argument with Scaramouche, I decided I would take away the one person he could tolerate, you. I requested you be placed under me as my assistant, I realise now that I may have ruined your life in doing so. That is why I am giving you this oppurtinity, before you get yourself in too deep, I am allowing you to move back under Scaramouche, he is yet to replace you, so now is the best time. I wouldn't hold it against you, in fact I believe it to be the best option for you, you are an intelligent individual with a bright future ahead of you, I can't bring myself to ruin that for you. I know it's not exactly fixing the situation, moving you from one mass murderer to another, however, you are too kind to be working under a monster such as myself. I already have the paperwork and my signature is on it, all you have to do is sign it yourself," the man before you stood up, extending his hand out to you, "It has been a pleasure, Luitenant Y/n L/n,"

You sat dumbfounded. You knew about the mass murder, every Harbinger was similar in that regard, but Sidwell working under Dottore? That was new. That was tame compared to Her Majesty suggesting he take on a new assistant. Not to mention the argument with Scaramouche, you knew they weren't exactly friends, but without Dottore, Scaramouche would be a completely different person. You looked at The Harbinger's hand, you had a feeling he didn't want to leave, and neither did you. You had learnt so much in these past eleven days, and you wanted to know more, you wanted to continue working under him, talking to his clones and whatever else this job had in store for you. So, you did something you never thought you would do. You stood up and pushed his hand away.

"I'm sorry, My Lord, but I wish to stay working under you. If you really want me to leave then I will, however I want to continue working under you."

"Even if you risk dying by my hands?"

"Even then. I took an oath to serve Her Majesty and Her Harbingers until the day I die, whether it be by your hands or somebody else's, I'm not abandoning my duties." You shocked yourself with how confident your voice sounded.

The Doctor bit his lip, "What am I ever going to do with you Luitenant? Any sane person would have jumped at that oppurtunity and yet you choose to stay, perhaps your just as insane as I am," He laughed, slightly shaking his head as he did so.

You sighed with relief rushing through your body.

"You do realise I have strength unmatched by any other mortal, I am powerful enough to rival the God's, does that not scare you?"

"I am well aware My Lord, and I suppose it strikes a healthy amount of fear in me, I'm not scared of you by any means, but I know what you are capable of and choose not to fuck around and find out first hand how scary you can be,"

"You are awful at explaining things,"

You held your chest, pretending to be offended at his words, "You wound me Doctor,"

"Alright I get it, you're dismissed, though the offer still stands should you choose to take it."

You turned on your heel and opened the door, turning back to face him, "That won't be happening any time soon,"

"Glad to hear it,"

You began to slowly shut the door, stopping when you heard The Doctor call your name.

"Thank you for today, Y/n and thank you for staying,"

"Of course, My Lord," You smiled and shut his office door.

A/N

IM BACK HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE I HOPE YOUR ALL HAVING A LOVELY TIME

IM HOPING TO GET A FEW CHAPTERS OUT TODAY TO MAKE UP FOR MY ABSENCE

ALSO I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE NEXT

ALSO YOUR COMMENTS ARE SO FUNNY TO READ I LOVE WATCHING YOU ALL FREAK OUT ABOUT OCEAN AND CAPITANO ITS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS EVER

THIS BOOK HIT LIKE 66K OR SMTH RECENTLY?? THATS LITTERALLY INSANE TO ME LIKE WOW I CANT BELIEVE SO MANY OF YOU ARE ENJOYING MY WRITING

SO I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE WHOS NEW AND WELCOME BACK TO EVERYONE ELSE IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING PLAYS OUT AND I HOPE YOUVE ALL ENJOYED READING THIS SO FAR

ANYWAYS TAKE CARE EVERYONE ENJOY YOURSELVES AND I HOPE THAT YOU ALL ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS HOWEVER YOU CELEBRATE AND IF YOU DONT CELEBRATE THEN I HOPE YOU ARE ALSO HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME I LOVE YOU ALL BYE FOR NOW