28. The Next Morning

|Y/n POV|

You had woken up before Dottore and he was still fast asleep in your bed.

You watched quietly as his chest moved up and down. A small smile formed on your face as he turned to face you, for the first time since you had met him he looked peaceful.

You wondered how this man was capable of doing so much wrong because at this moment in time, you could've mistaken him for an angel.

"Good morning to you too Luitenant," his voice was rough and quiet.

He was awake?

"Aww I don't get a good morning today?"

"Good morning My Lord,"

He smiled at you, it was sickeningly sweet smile that made you smile more yourself.

He groaned as he propped himself up, allowing your covers to fall from his shoulders down to his waist.

"Good to see you've yet to take a look at me in all of my glory," He teased, "Do you happen to know what time it is, mой дорогой?"

"I'm not sure, but your pocket watch is on the side."

You watched as he reached over to the sideand grabbed his pocket watch, flicking it open and looking at the time before turning over and placing a pillow over his head.

"Too fucking early," He mumbled before laying back down.

You laughed slightly before asking him what time it was.

"Half past five."

Fuck that. I don't get paid enough to be up this early.

Dottore began to laugh at your thoughts. Though he soon grew quiet.

"Dottore?"

"Hm? Do you need something Y/n?"

"Last night, were you able to read my thoughts?"

You had been curious about this for awhile, it didn't seem like he was able to, but perhaps he was too overwhelmed to be able to tease you.

"I wasn't. There are times where it simply doesn't work, for example, when I was speaking to you last night, I was too anxious, too scared, too upset. Whatever you want to call it. Its in situations like that were I am unable to read another's mind," He moved the pillow from his face and turned to face you, "Is there a particular reason why you asked? Or were you just curious?"

"Just curious I suppose,"

He hummed in acknowledgement.

The two of you sat for a long while in comfortable silence.

"Dottore?"

"Yes?"

"Why have you been calling me pet names recently?"

"Your easy to compliment, unlike my other assistants."

You waited for a moment.

"Dottore?"

"Y/n."

"Do I annoy you?"

'Far from it, your one of the most tolerable people I've ever met," He turned to face you and smiled at you once more.

"Dottore?"

"God's above you're curious this morning,"

You smiled before continuing, "Why do you always wear your mask?"

"I'm not sure actually, I just prefer to keep it on,"

"Are you really ugly under there?"

"I'm nearly as bad as you," You gasped at his taunt, to which he began to laugh loudly, "I'm only joking, I don't think I'm ugly, but I have been told my face strikes fear into the hearts of children and adults. Last time I showed my face to somebody they screamed and tried to run away. I'll let you interpret that however you want,"

Your gaze softened for a moment, "I'm sure your not that bad, I think people are more scared by your title than anything else,"

"Are you afraid of me?"

You paused for a moment, unsure of how to respond. You watched Dottore's smile fall as he turned away from you, focusing on the ceiling.

"No, I'm not. I think you can be scary, after all you are one of the strongest people in Teyvat, but I don't have any reason to be afraid of you."

He seemed taken aback by your answer and thought quietly to himself for awhile.

"We should get ready for work," He said, not mentioning the conversation that just took place.

"What if I don't want to work today?"

"I could always get my clones to do our work, and we could just stay here," He turned to face you once again, leaning his head on his fist.

"Really? We can do that?"

"The perks of having clones my sweet assistant. Before that though, I could do with a shower and a change of clothes, not to mention my hair probably looks awful at the moment,"

Who knew The Doctor cared so much about his appearance.

"Mhm, can't have you getting used to seeing me like this without taking you for a drink first,"

You rolled your eyes at his teasing whilst silently admiring his messy hair and the way his shirt wrapped itself so easily around his chest. You prayed you weren't blushing as your mind wandered elsewhere.

A/N

IM BACK BITCHES AFTER NEARLY A WEEK I HAVE THIS FOR U GUYS
I hope u all enjoyed this chptr and I honestly don't have much to say other than sorry for not uploading for ages
I'm going to try and write more over the next few days but I can't promise there will be a lot of chapters because I am exhausted
BUT ANYWAYS I HOPE YOUVE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSLEVES IN MY ABSENCE DONT FORGET I LOVE YOU ALL MAKE SURE TO TAKE CARE AND HOPEFULLY I SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL SOON 💗💗