31. Relaxing (Part 3)

The two of you walked aimlessly through the streets, simply enjoying eachothers presence and the quiet of the snow-covered town.

Your eyes darted between each shop, mesmerised by the items you could see through the windows.

Meanwhile, Dottore kept his head forward, observing the road in front of him.

You were so focused on the shops that you didn't realise that Dottore had stopped, meaning that you walked into his back.

"Is everything alright?"

"There are rumours already,"

"Rumours? About what, Dottore?"

"About us," He began, "People think we are a couple,"

"What in Her Majesty's name? Wait, how do you know?"

"I'm able to communicate with my clones telepathically and one of them has just heard some agents talking about how I walked out of your room this morning," The Doctor was clearly troubled by this information, everything from his tone to his body language gave that away.

This wasn't exactly your first time dealing with such rumours, after all you were very close to all of your Harbingers. Usually, these types of rumours would go around for a few weeks and then almost completely stop.

However, Il Dottore was no ordinary Harbinger, few people have actually interacted with him, so there was no chance whatsoever that people would believe he was having a nightmare and asked you to comfort him. You weren't even sure he would publicly admit to having a nightmare in the first place, let alone having his assistant comfort him.

Dottore cursed under his breath and carried on walking, hardly giving you a chance to catch up to him.

You walked at a fast pace behind him, still leaving space between the two of you. He walked off the path and into a patch of woodland beside the main city. When the two of you reached a clearing in the trees, he stopped abruptly.

"I need five minutes to myself, Luitenant, if you would be so kind as to leave me alone, that would be greatly appreciated," There was no emotion behind his voice.

"My Lord-"

"Five minutes is all I ask Luitenant,"

"..Of course Lord Harbinger,"

You bowed your head before walking away to find a tree you could sit under, you had no idea why he was acting like this. You knew Dottore was far above rumours and gossip, at least when the rumours where about him and only him. Perhaps the reason for his agitation was the fact that you were dragged into it.

You weren't sure, and the last thing you wanted to do was assume. So you waited for Dottore to return.

When he walked past you, he seemed distressed he took a few steps forward before shouting you name.

"Y/n! Y/n where are you?" His voice was strained, "No, no, no, I can't have lost them. Please be okay," He whispered the last part, but you heard it nonetheless.

You tried to stand up, but your legs we numb from the cold. As you fell back, undoing the little progress you made, you let out a cough and a few swear words.

Dottore swivled round, turning to face you. He practice ran over to you and dropped to his knees.

You greeted him with a sweet smile, to which he sighed.

"Archons above Y/n, at least stay somewhere I can see you,"

"Aw, were you worried about me?" You teased.

Dottore scoffed, "Whatever helps you sleep at night,"

He lifted you to your feet and walked ahead of you. You made a mental note of how his face was red and blotchy, but you knew it wasn't from the cold.

You pushed these thoughts to the back of your mind as you followed The Doctor.

He stopped when he reached the edge of the trees, waiting for you to catch up to him. As you passed him, he gave you a gentle push so you were infront of him. Your head snapped back to give him a disapproving look and your steps slowed.

The two of you were now walking side by side and you took this oppurtinity to give the Harbinger a playful shove to the side.

"Very mature, Y/n,"

"Why thank you,"

He gave a flick to your head, "I don't appreciate your sarcasm,"

"I don't appreciate yours,"

"Shut up,"

"And if I don't?"

"You can scrub my lab for the rest of the month,"

Your mouth fell open, "You wouldn't dare,"

"You're right, I'd have a much worse punishment prepared for the attitude you're giving me at the moment,"

You laughed slightly, "Like what?"

"I'd have you work with my most selfish clone for a whole year,"

A/N

HEY EVERYONE ITS BEEN AWHILE 💗
IVE HONESTLY MISSED WRITING THIS SM AND ALSO UR IDEAS R SO GOOD SO IM DOING MY BEST TO INCORPORATE THEM 😋

SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES IVE BEEN VV SICK FOR LIKE A WEEK AND ITS NOT OKAY BUT GOOD NEWS IM BETTER AND MORE MOYIVATED TO WRITE THEN EVER I JUST HAVE TO FIND TIME TO

ALSO THIS MAY BE SLIGHTLY OOC FOR DOTTORE BUT SOFT DOTTORE IS EVERYTHING but the next chapter might include some overprotective/jealous dottore 🤭 SO LOOK FORWARD TO THAT

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOUVE ALL HAD A LOVELY WEEK I LOVE U ALL AND TAKE CARE 💙💙