39. Return

|Y/n POV|

You had waited for a half hour before realising you were unbelievably bored, you tried pacing around the lab, inspecting every little vial and not on every surface. Until you eventually slumped back down at your desk, giving up on trying to preoccupy your mind. You laid your head on the table, hoping you could sleep through any remaining time before Ténèbres would return.

Scanning around from your new angle, you could see a letter carefully hidden under the box on your right. Your eyes darted to each corner of the lab, making sure no one was around you lifted the box and removed the letter. There was a beautiful teal wax seal on the front, with the Fatui emblem painted over in silver ink, you carefully turned the letter over to reveal careful handwriting, and it took you a moment to realise what it spelt out.

"Luitenant Y/n L/n,"

Curiosity took over your body as you flipped the letter back Iver and contemplated breaking the seal, but knocking on the lab door pulled you out of your trance-like state. You hid the letter in one of the inner pockets of your uniform, being careful not to ruin it.

You ran over to the lab door, attempting to yank it open before realising there was a massive amount of locks preventing you from doing so. The complexity of each lock was enough to make your head spin, so you left the door and headed over to the lab, where from the past few hours you knew there were many Dottore's on the other side.

You knocked on the door and a familiar face peeked out from below you. He smiled at you, the shine in his innocent eyes was enough to turn all of your worries into distant memories.

"Hello, Y/n! Is Ténèbres back?" The boy asked you.

"I think so," You replied hesitantly, not wanting to admit you didn't know how to open the door.

"Nobody has trained you how to open that thing yet?" You shook your head, "Oh well that's okay, I can open it, but I'm too small to reach some of the higher mechanisms, maybe you could lend me a hand?"

"Of course, I can help you reach them."

Petit Loup closed the lab door behind him and led you to the main door, you followed close behind and watched as he easily undid the mechanisms on his level.

He held out his arms and looked back at you, and you picked him up with little effort so he could reach the other parts of the door.

Once he was finished he began to pull open the door, you took a step back and pulled it all the way open for him.

Another familiar face awaited you on the other side.

Neither of you had a chance to greet one another before Loup jumped into the other clones arms, forcing him to drop the bags he was holding and catch the boy.

Ténèbres swung Petit Loup around making him laugh, the two seemed lost in their own world, that was until Ténèbres' eyes fell on you.

He placed 203 on the ground, his eyes never leaving yours. He rushed forward, nearly knocking you off your feet as he pulled you into a hug.

"Nice to see you too," You said returning the gesture.

"Why are you still here? I thought you were moving back under Scaramouche?" He said, still embracing you tightly.

"What gave you that idea?" You pulled him closer and you were enveloped in warmth and the strong smell of mint.

"The last I heard from Prime, he told me he was almost certain you would move back under him,"

"When was this?" You laughed nervously hoping it was before you shut down the offer.

"A few hours before I left," Your eyes widened at the words of Ténèbres.

"Trust me I'm not going to, Prime should know that after the speech I gave him," You slightly loosened your grip on the clone and he reluctantly pulled away from the hug.

Ténèbres laughed at your comment and pushed his hand through his hair. You both turned your attention to Petit Loup who had a beaming smile on his face, Ténèbres ruffled his hair playfully and the boy laughed as he attempted to stop the older clone.

"I wouldn't be so sure," Omega was standing in front of the doorway to the lab, "219 get your materials and bring them through. L/n, you are dismissed. 203 get back to your quarters before I drag you back."

The clones immediately did as they were told and you decided it would be best if you did the same.

You rushed back to your room, eager to open the letter that had been addressed to you. You had conjured some theories of what the letter could be about. From the location of the letter, you could tell it was written by Ténèbres and from the information he just shared with you, it was from before he left to gather materials.

You barged through your bedroom door and quickly sat on your bed, preparing yourself to open the letter.

A/N

OKAY SO MY WATTPAD IS BEING WEIRD SO IF THERES ANY PARAGRAPHS LIKE IN THE WR9NG PLACE PLEASE IGNORE IT I WILL TRY TO FIX IT

ANYWAYS IK I SAID I WAS GNA MAKE CHAPTERS LONGER BUT IM HOPING TO GET 2 CHAPTERS OUT TODAY AND START PREPARING FOR A 100K SPECIAL SO LMK WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THAT

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IF THERE IS ANY LIKE VERY BRITISH THINGS IN THIS BOOK I AM SORRY I USE LIKE 2 BRAINCELLS AT A TIME AND I DONT THINK ABOUT OTHER LIKE WORDS/PHRASES FOR THAT STUFF

ALSO TYSM TO MY FRIENDS ARIA AND MAPLE THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE TOLD ABOUT THIS BOOK AND DESPITE NOT BEING DOTTORE FANS THEY HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING ME AND THIS BOOK SO TYSM

AND TO EVERYONE READING THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH YOUVE ALL BEEN AMAZING AND I CANT WAIT TO CONTINUE THIS BOOK WITH YOU ALL

HONESTLY YOU ARE ALL AMAZING AND I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU THERE ARE AND HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY THIS BOOK I DIDNT EXPECT FOR IT TO COME THIS FAR OR GET THE ATTENTION IT HAS RECIEVED AND I CANT PUT INTO WORDS HOW GREATFUL I AM FOR ALL OF YOU

SO PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES AND ENJOY YOUR DAY/NIGHT

I LOVE YOU ALL 💙💙💙