25.

Everest.

Violet Amory's in my house. More specifically, she's in my bedroom.

The thought of going home made her tense up, anxiety a clear burden over her head. So I let her curl up in the passenger seat and brought her here. With me. Away from whatever's hurting her.

I lean against the doorframe and watch as she apprehensively walks further inside, tipping her head back to look around. It's a chaotic room. A lot of weird, unexplainable shit.

First, she walks over to the wall and glances back at me questioningly, arms wrapped around herself.

"I was fifteen when I painted it red cos I was bored. I was sixteen when I started spray painting random shit on it." I tell her and let her approach it. It was a way to try and quieten my head.

"You're-" She steps closer, smiling, "You're good, Everest."

I watch her intrigue and my own smile plays at my lips. Some of my thoughts are on that wall, deepest ones that I disguise within drawings. Mainly, there are a lot of butterflies everywhere. It's what I use to represent myself.

Since Lila likes to call me her papillon. Butterfly, in french.

Violet's eyes catch a certain one in the centre. A single, blue butterfly, folding in on itself. A broken wing. There's a swarm of butterflies around it but are all flying away, leaving it behind. Empty space around it.

Her fingers gently trace over it, "They're all pretty." And then she looks over her shoulder to me, "And sad."

I jut a shoulder as she walks over until she's stood beneath me. I like her in my room. In my space, where its just us. Those green eyes hold curiosity and question so I ask gently, "What?"

She shrugs and smiles, "You shouldn't hide how pretty your mind is."

"Nobody cares about my pretty mind, Vy." I say down to her.

"Is that what you think?"

"It's what I know, sweetheart." I chuckle, gently caressing her cheek with my thumb, "People's minds aren't as beautiful as yours. Normals would find beauty in my eyes. Or cock. Not stupid drawings on the wall."

She frowns a little, "You should stop believing that it's something to conceal. Or," She smiles a little, "Just don't conceal it with me."

Violet. She's beautiful. A beautiful heart, with a stubborn mind behind it. Guarded walls and a tired soul. Fuck, if she's not mine, then she's nobody's. I don't think I want anybody but her.

"Nobody-"

"I do. I want to see it." She lifts her chin and my smile is immediate.

I tug her closer to me, "I'll hand you an all-access key then."

A smile grows at those pretty pink lips and all I can think about is how badly I want her. For myself. Mine. Violet Amory might be everything I shouldn't want. And I might be what her whole world forbids against but I don't give a fuck anymore.

I'm hers. I'll survive as long as I have her somehow. Somewhere and in some way.

God, I don't think she realises the hold she has me in. If she asked me to get on my knees, I'd stay bowed until she said otherwise. If I kneel before anyone, it's a girl with a heart of gold and masked suffering and a smile, that is so radiant it warms me. She's not like anybody else.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks tenderly, eyes flitting up to me.

"You." Is all I whisper back. And then I ask her, "What are you thinking about?"