54.

If his height says anything now, Azure's gonna be a giant when he's older. He's a lot shorter than me but already probably as tall as Ria, and he's only fucking eleven.

Eleven. I talk to the guy and I forget he's only lived eleven years, to our eighteen.

He walks with careless confidence and as soon as he enters the room, attention turns to him. He doesn't shy away from it and instead analyses everyone just as they're doing to him.

Apprehension becomes a thick cloud over everyone's cloud, his very presence an unnerving one. Azure's emerald eyes flit over everyone briefly, and then he grimaces, "This is the pack she chose to be friends with."

Sweet.

"And who the fuck are you?" Luca snaps where he's sat on the couch, an arm around Ria besides him. I don't see this going very well.

"Azure." He responds, like that's answer enough. I wait for him to elaborate but he doesn't so I clear my throat.

"Luca, Ria, Hudson, Val. Azure Amory. Violet's younger brother." I introduce tightly, still extremely uncomfortable. He can't be here. He feels like a ticking time bomb. I don't need an Amory brother in my possession, or anywhere near me.

"You're the genius?" Val asks curiously.

Azure looks down at her, scrutinising, "Yes."

"I let you in. Can you get to why you're here?" I turn to him and Azure's gaze lands on me. For the first time, I see emotion in his eyes the longer he looks at me. Hate. It takes me aback until I remember that he technically lost his sister too. Because of Dean, because of me.

"As insipid as you are, I assume you still claim to love my sister." He leans back against the table. Dressed primly in a white collared shirt, top two buttons undone.

"I do." I say through gritted teeth, "I do love your sister."

"What a shame." His eyes burn when he looks at me, "Your love means she's miles away, under his will. Do you know, it was what she was always terrified of?"

I try to snap back, but those are my innermost thoughts voiced aloud. I've blamed myself every second since Violet left. I have a feeling Azure knows exactly that when he continues.

"You can try to forget, or convince yourself it wasn't you." He looks away calmly, "Violet would never blame you, but that's because Violet's naïve to the fact that the boy that she'd claim saves her, has ruined her. She won't see it, but I will."

"So, that's it?" My voice is tight, choked, "You came here to remind me?"

"Yes." He juts a shoulder, "And to get her out."

"You think we're just sitting here like fucking ducks?" Luca speaks up, glowering at Azure like he doesn't like his presence at all.

Azure looks at him, "Seems a lot like it. What are you doing instead, fighter?"

"You shouldn't taunt a fighter." Luca drawls.

"You shouldn't underestimate a genius." Azure tilts his head and is silent for a long moment, "The fear you try to instil, in everyone - does it make you feel protected?"

Luca tenses at that, as if he's hit a sore spot. Everyone tenses at that and just like that, Azure's quietened us. I know the feeling. Azure has a way of targeting your vulnerabilities without even fucking knowing you. I hated it. Luca would loathe it.

They're two complete opposites. A fighter, rash and impulsive and brutal. A genius, sly and calculated and cruel. Even the way they stare at each other feels unnerving. I know Luca wouldn't hit a kid but I wouldn't put him past grabbing Azure by the collar and tossing him out.