63.

Violet.

An onslaught of cheers and whistling. Paused in the final position, I zone back into the audience after the long performance. They explode with admiration for everyone up here and camera's flash from below.

When I shut my eyes, I smile.

A sincere, earnest smile from the depths of my chest. One that is so genuine it almost makes my heart hurt. I don't think I'll ever be able to leave ballet again. It's what I want to do, to excel at, to continue. It's what makes me happiest.

The curtains close and I'm surrounded by girls immediately, arms wrapping around me as we hold each other close. We all worked in tandem tonight as one and gave one hell of a performance. I'll have to check the press soon, but it doesn't worry me.

When we all rush backstage, girls get changed and undo their hairpieces. Some girls still linger around backstage and others begin to leave together for the night. I decide to creep back to the empty stage. Flowers decorate the floor and some stage props are still put up, though the curtains are drawn.

I slip a finger between the thick, velvet curtains and peek out into the theatre. Most of the crimson seats are now empty, all the lights of the auditorium on as people continue to file out. My skin burns with anticipation, and doubt. Where is he? Where are you-

"Letty."

No.

I turn around as Dean walks onto the empty stage with me. I lift my chin and stand my ground, when once I would've backed away as rapidly as possible. He holds a bouquet of flowers and with each stride he takes towards me, his oxford's click on the floor.

When Dean reaches me, he holds out the red roses and presses a kiss to my forehead. Every bit of me stiffens under his touch, so unendingly sick of it. Of him. I maintain a pokerface and utter, "Thank you."

He grins, as if not realising how numb I sound to him. How cold and blank my expression is. How he moulded me to become like this.

"You were marvellous tonight." He steps back and lingers his eyes down my body, "You always are, Letty. I'm so glad you returned to what you are meant to."

For another few moments, he rattles on about the performance and how good I had danced. How the press are gonna be all over it. How I should use it to my benefit. The same droning voice.

Dean rambles with his back to me so I start to secretly back away towards the curtains. Maybe I can slip out before he can catch me-

A hand covers my mouth and yanks me back until I've veiled in the sidelines. A gruff voice stops me, "Relax, ballerina. It's Luca."

My eyes widen and I urge my muscles loosen, relaxing against him. Slowly, he lets go of my mouth and I spin around to him to see if he's here. For real. But he definitely is because he's staring at me with menacing, dark eyes and a tiny, teeny smile.

"Ohmygod." I breathe.

"You gotta be quie-"

I throw my arms around him and he grunts as I collide with his chest. I could burst into tears right now and I breathe, "You came back for me. He came for me."