Chapter 1: Breaking the Rules

" Darla no! I don't want to get into trouble. You know my parents would never let me see the light of day if they found out. I mean what if your parents find out and tell mine!" A seven teen year old Misty shouted.

Misty looked at her best friend Darla with concern. Misty couldn't even stomach the thought of doing something so crazy. Let alone sneaking out to go to some place known as The Rainbow. A place where seventeen year olds had no concern to be, especially in the evening hours. Misty never stepped out of line when it came to following the rules. She never disobeyed or even dare acted up. She was so fearful due to her faith. Along with the punishments she might receive. The thought being sent to hell or purgatory for even the slightest thing sent her over.

Darla rolled her big brown eyes and shook her head. Darla was your average rebellious seventeen year old who lived with her grandparents. At this time of hour which was 9pm. They were already in bed and possibly knocked out to the sound of the nightly game show playing on their small television. They always had the same nightly routine which ended with the television watching them.

" Misty I am willing to bet they're off the pill and asleep. Stop being such a baby. This is a once in a lifetime chance and you wanna stay in!" Darla whined back.

" Aren't you tired of living so straight edge? So along the rules? Why live if you're always missing out on an adventure. Do you even know who's rumored to be there tonight Misty?" She said while shaking Misty by the shoulders.

Misty was quite the square, she never misbehaved. She never stepped outside her comfort zone or outside the lines of her mere simple life. Misty always abided by religious sayings and by whatever rule she was given. Her family quite trusted her given she was so well mannered and submissive upon request. They would lose complete trust and never let her sleep over again if they found out. Her parents trusted her enough to leave her be at Darla's for the summer  due to business travels. They'd only been gone for a day now .

Misty never entered into the typical female rebellious phase. Darla on the other hand was the opposite, she was such a wild spirit and so free. She was a wild child and a native to the California area. She didn't come from a conservative and straight edge home like Misty. Hell she grew up in such a liberal and free state. The raging and swinging sixties? She saw the revolution, she saw the riots and the drugs.

The environment around her blossomed something within. Unlike Misty Darla had kissed boys, even girls she kissed. She was free and explored a bit, she'd recently dived into the well known scene of the baby groupies. She was all still new but craved the feeling of being wanted by older men. The first man she slept with was the one and only Mick Jagger. It happened last year when she was sixteen.He took her virginity in the back of the limo on the way to the hotel.

She couldn't remember much considering how intoxicated she was. But that was a pivotal moment that changed it all.Knowing that she had what others wanted drove her ego. Her pride filled knowing she could possibly have someone wanting her for the night. Maybe longer if she was lucky.

Darla had quite the daddy issues but that was another thing both her and Misty shared. They both had similar struggles growing up. Yes they might've been cut from two different cloths but nonetheless they bonded well. They were like ying and Yang. Darla was a Gemini and Misty a Scorpio. They were quite the pairing.

Misty silently stood there still in Darlas hands. Darla was right wasn't she? But there was a strong instilled discipline that echoed in the back of her mind. The anxiety of what if? What would god think of me and what would my placement be with my parents? But she quickly shooed the thought away, hell Darla was right.