Chapter 21: Surprises Come In Twos

A/N: Excited for this chapter hope you all are doing well! I'm excited to write some more! Awe a new baby in here how exciting this is. I love this song tbh.
————————

Jimmy's Pov

Jimmy's Pov

Suddenly my eyes shot up and I was laying on the bed. I could feel the clamminess from my hands still. My eyes opened to see Misty sitting at my feet just looking at me worried. Why was she looking at me like that? Her head tilted to the side and she peered at me through those big beautiful eyes. I rubbed my forehead before sitting up and scooting closer to her. I could've sworn we were just sitting at the table. Now I was in my bed? It didn't make sense... What happened? More importantly how did I get here.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked.

"I think so. I don't know if I'm losing my mind or if it was a dream. But I swore we were just at the table and you told me you were pregnant. Was it just a fever dream?" I asked curiously as I scratched at the back of my head.

She let out a light laugh at my words. What was so funny?

"No it was not a dream Jimmy. That is indeed what happened, you sort of fell out of consciousness not too long after telling you. Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked as she looked at me.

So that is what happened. In all honesty I wasn't upset or mad but this just wasn't what I suspecting so suddenly. A baby?

"I think the news of you telling me you were pregnant with our baby just kind of shocked me." I said as I looked at her with a surprised expression.

There she went again with a nervous look peeling onto her face.

"Are you mad?" She asked as she twiddled with her hair.

"No I'm not mad at all. I don't want you to think that at all. It's a bit of a surprise I guess. I didn't think I was going to be having a baby anytime soon. So is that why you were upset most of the day?" I asked.

I definitely wasn't upset, a part of me felt a little happy at it. But then I was also very nervous because was  I ready to be a father? Also if it's not evident I don't have kids. I was hoping maybe it would be a lot further in the future before I had kids with her. But I guess that just wasn't the case. I was filled with happiness, anxiety and shock. Who wouldn't be?

The room was quiet now and the sun was fully down. I could tell it was dark outside from the parts of the window the curtains didn't cover.

"Okay good that's what I was worried about. Yes that's why I was upset. When I went to the doctors I found out I was pregnant and it completely just broke me. I was thinking maybe you'd be mad at me because I'm pregnant. Originally I wasn't going to tell you. But Darla talked some sense into me, saying because you are the father you should have a here say. Jimmy do you want to keep it?" She asked me with a sigh.