Chapter 7: Back Home They Go Part 2

A/N: This will be the shortest chapter I will ever put out. It's just a mini part to the first one. I don't feel like republishing something. I desperately wanted to add onto it but I was like damn it's too late. I feel like these mfs been having too much sex in here. My celibacy is showing through my writing.

Also me for my Steve Lacy concert I went for a more 70s inspired hair/makeup style

Also me for my Steve Lacy concert I went for a more 70s inspired hair/makeup style. Thank you Pinterest.
———

"I think I love you Jimmy." She said.

His eyes dawned upon the soaked girl, a look of vulnerability filled her face. He was a little surprised by her admission, she loves me? Does she really? He wanted her to say it again to make sure he heard her correctly.

"Come again?" He asked while wiping the water from his eyes.

I know he heard me... He moved a little closer to her, his black hair all smoothed back revealing his face fully. His lashes coated with beads of water he faced her back.He reached for her hand and weaved his fingers through hers. The feel of his hand in hers brought ease to her nerves. He could always tell when she was nervous. She was very easy to read. Her emotions were like huge subtitles plastered on her face. She couldn't hide anything she felt. That was the one thing she hated.

"I think I love you Jimmy." She said.

He brought their woven hands up to his face and kissed her hand. Is he going to say it back? I knew I shouldn't have said anything... On the outside she held it together but on the inside she was embarrassed. He hadn't said anything back and she was left jumping to conclusions. Jimmy did indeed like her a lot, he did feel a sort of love for her. Love was such a strong word, something not to throw around so easily.

"I think I'm starting to feel that way too." He replied with their hands still to his face.

It was hard for him to say it, love was such a fickle and strange thing. No matter how or if he felt it, it wasn't such an easy word to spew from the alluring man. She wanted him to say it back, but for now his answer would do. But it bothered her a bit that it was more of a mutual wording back. Even if he was trying to say it, it wasn't as forward as she wanted. This would eat her up. She thought about saying something but decided not to ruin the moment.