Chapter 8: Sweet Golden Boy and Lipstick Stains

A/N: This chapter will involve Darla and Robert. I want to explore them more! I also really love this song so much so I decided to use it. This song gives off  a sweet yet familiar feeling. This song is for only the first part with Robert and Darla because it's sweet.

  This song is for only the first part with Robert and Darla because it's sweet

 ^Darlas current outfit

Darla found herself looking out the window of the cottage. She could see him running around the yard happily with their dog Strider. The mist laid in the air making it hard to see a few miles out. Dark trees were the only thing you could see standing at the edge of the mist where the woods began. Robert had recently bought the Australian Shepard from a farm.

He thought maybe having a dog would be good to keep them company along with the new baby they were waiting for. Their baby was due somewhere towards the end of May. Strider loved Darla and he loved laying his head on her protruding belly. Every time the baby kicked the dog tilted his head in surprise. Strider was more of Robert's dog but he clung to Darla a lot of the time. Always ensuring she was safe, Robert somehow came to the idea that maybe he sense the life within her.

He loved to fall asleep with his head on her belly. Robert thought it was so sweet he'd sometimes find himself taking a picture of it while the two laid in bed.
Darla quickly threw the wash cloth on the side of the sink. The kitchen was nice and warm thanks to the hearth in the corner. The winters were cold here in Welsh town of Machynlleth. But thanks to the fireplaces and hearth  the house was always warm. Robert would typically chop wood on the side of the house with his axe and place it on the rack besides the fireplace.

Robert knew Darla wasn't so used to the cold considering she was from California. So he always made sure they were stocked on wood, he wasn't wrong about the cold and she found that out for herself.Ever since Robert came home he spent all his time beside her. He couldn't have been happier. He was in one of the most successful bands and had a beautiful woman by his side. The circumstances of how this all started was a bit funny.