Chapter 10 - Hurricane

Farris 

Some people are like hurricane

They walk into our lives unannounced

and leave with the greatest destruction ever.

I woke up from my best sleep as my phone rang continuously without a break. I annoyingly reached out to my side table and unplugged my phone from the charger. It was my assistant 'Yes Lawrence' I spoke as I was half asleep covering my face with my hand as the sunlight fell on my face. I heard him give me the latest update about my ongoing case. 'Got it!' I said as I disconnected the call.

I prepared myself for the day with a long big stretch. I hopped out of the bed and checked myself out in the mirror as I love to begin my day looking at God's most beautiful creation, me. I ran my fingers through my beard which was now evidently visible. Looked hot though! I flexed my triceps and slightly tilted my head glancing over my body. Muscular, but not very. Trimmed and toned, I smiled at myself as I looked funny with my hair messed up after a deep rock sleep, I brushed my hair backward with both my hands and winked. 

My five-year-old cat Arnold came running to me hearing me awake. A pure black Siberian cat. 'My handsome boy' I enthusiastically picked him up and tossed him in the air and hugged him kissing his pink paws. I got into the shower just after getting my cat his breakfast.

I had a long warm shower and shaved my beard. I spent the best part of my day as I did my skincare and haircare with some music in my bathrobe. I got dressed formally as usual as I absolutely enjoyed dressing up and looking my best. My phone buzzed again, I reached out to attend and connected the call to my smart screen. Lawrence was on a video call while I wore my suit. 'I've sent you the name and Address of the hospital Farris. Please check' he said. I picked up my phone to check the address of the hospital. 'It's the same hospital where he works' I instantly realized. 'How do you say that?' he asked. 'Because Drevis works there too' I replied in an obvious tone. 'Oh right. They're doctors in the same hospital' he recalled.

Drevis and I have been friends for a long time. He contacted me a while ago informing me one of his friends from work needs help getting a divorce. Sounded like a mutual divorce. These kinds of cases are simple, and they bring the easiest money at the same time. I absolutely loved such cases.

'Anyways how do I look?' I asked him as I dusted my sleeve. 'You're in sharp formals' he replied. 'Yes, it's a meeting with the client after all'

'I'm not sure if this is appropriate Farris. You're going to meet someone in a hospital' He said. 'I'm going to meet my client' I reminded him ' I don't think she even knows you're coming' He replied. I rolled my eyes. 'Will give you today's report' I said and disconnected the call before he said something.

'You never let me complete' my phone beeped with Lawrence's message immediately and I chuckled looking at it. 'That's true' I replied to his message and slid my phone into my pocket. 'I do that every time you get unprofessional' I mumbled to myself.

I reached the hospital and walked in swiftly with a briefcase containing all the necessary documents. The sound of my sharp footsteps caught everyone's attention. Like always I wondered what made them look back at me. Was it my cologne or just pure good looks that I possess? I smirked as I loved all the attention.

I knew which floor and ward exactly as I had spoken to Drevis already. I slowed down as I got closer to the ward. The corridors were empty. I looked around to make sure I was in the right place. I called Drevis for assistance and an introduction with his wife but my calls went unanswered. 'I hate the delay' I mumbled myself and scuffed. I wondered what Drevis was up to without answering my calls. I went over to my client's office hoping I'd find someone who can assist me just then I heard sudden cheering and happiness filled the air. The aura of the space changed in a moment and I couldn't exactly make out why. I reached out to the door to open it and just then someone opened the door before I did and crashed into me. I had a close look at her, dressed well but in a pathetic condition. A rubber band held her thick black hair while a few strands fell on her face. Her eyes were swollen as though she just woke up and she looked like she hasn't eaten properly in days. She looked weak. I instantly recognized her.

'Mrs. Arzoo?' I asked as my eyebrows rose.

Without speaking a word her eyes conveyed all her curiosity to know who I was and what I had to do with her. I controlled my chuckle as she had the funniest curious face. 'I'm Farris Qadri'

'Your divorce lawyer' I introduced myself.

Her pupils widened as she softly exhaled like she realized something new. She looked into my eyes but I knew she was not actually looking at me. She definitely had a lot going on inside her head. She ran out of words as she had nothing to reply back with. In an instant, she was dragged and taken into another room by another woman who looked like another doctor. I glanced around myself and I saw people gathered. The corridors that were empty a while ago now echoed with happiness and tears. I wondered what was happening.

After a while, Drevis came out of the ward and was shocked to see me there 'Farris!' he exclaimed and walked towards me with his arms wide open for a hug. He hugged me in happiness almost breaking my ribs. I greeted him and asked him what was happening and he educated me with all the information I needed.

'Atif has woken up' He said as I could see nothing but happiness in his eyes. Our conversation was interrupted by a nurse who informed him that he was needed in another ward. He excused himself and left promising to get back to me as soon as possible. I smiled and nodded as I was very half minded. I was curious about something else.

Decided to wait for her to come out but definitely couldn't hold back my curiosity. I gently walked towards the ward and looked inside from the glass partition. My client, Atif looked like he was into a hell of an accident. The scars on his face explained his struggle. She stood there with moist eyes looking at him and did nothing. His eyes sparkled with tears as well. I watched them as they looked at each other in silence. My forehead wrinkled as I wondered why they weren't saying anything to each other. The muscles of my forehead soon relaxed when he grabbed her hand and pulled her on himself hugging her with just one arm. They stayed like that for a good minute. She slowly hugged him back, gently keeping her hand on his back. She shut her eyes tight as he brushed his hand on her hair. 

My head slightly tilted as I couldn't read the room. I watched them as my brain rushed with perplexity. It looked like they were having an emotional moment. And it almost looked like he had woken up only for her. By the look of her condition, it was clear that she couldn't live in peace seeing him like that. And here I was, witnessing such a romantic moment but all ready to get them divorced. I looked at my briefcase as their divorce papers were inside. They are one signature away from their split and I am two signatures away from the easiest case I've handled I thought to myself. I was surprised to see the amount of time they held on to each other like the world around them has stopped.

'Aww, how cute!'

I smirked as I folded my arms watching them hug in peace for the last time.