Chapter 13 - Silence

Farris

Sometimes,

Silence is the loudest kind of chaos.

I love having lunch in my favorite restaurant. It was nothing out of usual but I knew for a fact that this was not going to be a normal lunch. I sat there working on my upcoming case with a cup of coffee as I continuously glanced at the door. My guts screamed to me that she would surely show up but another part of me questioned as it was getting late and she was not to be seen.

The waitress walked to me for my order and I decided to place my order as I was there for a pretty long time.

'One Bami Goreng and an apple tart' I said glancing towards the door. My eyes sparkled as I saw her enter the restaurant. She wore a thick red coat covering whatever she wore inside. The deep red color complemented the complexion of her skin, her black dense hair left free.

'Make them two' I said to the waitress still looking at Miss Aarzoo. The waitress left with a respectful bow.

What am I seeing? I thought to myself as I stared at her. 'Lipstick?' I mumbled as I saw her lips red in color. I noticed she was without any accessories except one sleek chain that was gently wrapped around her neck. The dollar of the chain was hidden inside her top. She looked around evidently searching for me and soon her eyes met mine.

She walked towards me as I got up and pulled the chair for her. She stared into my eyes before sitting. Her dark brown eyes were enhanced with the think bold eyeliner and the soft touch of mascara was a cherry on top. It was the first time I saw her dressed up so well. She thanked me for the kind gesture. I looked at her face and exhaled.

By the looks of it, I could say that she was not taking care of her at all. Every time I see her, she looks a little bit weaker than the last time I saw her but this time she conveniently tried to conceal her tiredness and exhaustion with make-up, she did look very beautiful though.

'Yes, Mr. Farris' she said as she placed her bag on the table and smiled.

'You look beautiful today Ms. Aarzoo' I complimented her beauty without keeping it to myself. She smiled in reply to that.

'Today?' she asked. I chuckled as my reply flashed in my head before it came to my mouth.

'Honestly, the previous times I met you, you looked homeless' She laughed hearing my reply and nodded in agreement.

It would be the world's biggest lie if I said her smile was not beautiful. It was captivating and infectious but something about her smile was cold. It made me want to know her more.

'What brings you here today?' I asked as I crossed my legs.

'Your offer' She replied.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

I took out the paperwork that I had prepared as a bond between us. I slid the paper to her side on the table and she looked at me.

'What is this?' She asked.

'It's a bond' I smirked.

I briefed her as she started reading it.

'It says you agree to work for me in my firm for a minimum period of 6 months. You are free to choose a role/ designation for yourself that comes under your eligibility. Besides this you are agreeing upon pretending to be Mrs. Yumna Khan every time that there is a necessity for you to do so' I said.

'As you can see what I am going to do for you is a lot more than what you are going to do for me. Your benefits are more than your responsibilities' I added.