Chapter One: Show Me A Hero, And I'll Write You A Tragedy

Picture is Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver in Avengers: Age Of Ultron by Marvel Studios.

Music is "No Strings" by Versus Trailer Music in Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer #1.

All rights go to thir rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER ONE

I'm tired of the story of the girl who doesn't have any friends, doesn't get noticed by anyone. Then one day, a boy shows up and changes her life forever, and then suddenly it's all parties and happily ever afters.

Blah, blah, blah.

Life doesn't work that way. Never has, never will. No more Bella Swans and Juliet. Time for facts, and the facts are that my name is Glory Northern. I'm nineteen, graduating in a couple weeks. I have a older sister named Rebecca Marie, and my parents have been divorced since I was three, and I wish I could tell you what my Mom does now 'cause honestly I don't know. My Dad tries to be both Mom and Dad, but it got too rough. So, now I live on my own.

I'm a total nerd. I plan on going to college to major in Creative Writing and minor in Art. You know why? Because I want to be a comic book creator. Maybe even work for Marvel or DC one day.

And no. They're not "graphic novels". They're damn comic books.

I jot down my teachers last notes on my final history paper (which costs half my grade by the way) as fast as I can. I can write like the Scarlet Speedster himself, but my teacher can talk faster, apparently.

"So, make certain to send your papers in by Sunday," he says with a heavy lisp. "I will be checking them and grading them next week, so if you don't want to be scrutinized in front of your fellow students, I suggest you speed your studying along."

The bell rings, and we are ready to go. Once out of class, I meet up with my friends, my G-Men as I call them. Vlad, my right hand vampire. Cordelia, the punky princess. Henry Roran Elias Jameson Arrington IV (he loves his parents, don't worry). We just call him Arry. Last but not least is my favorite nerd that looks like she was an elf who fell out of Lord of the Rings, Aspen. Aspen is away on vacation, but should be back soon.

"Hey, Morning Glory!" Vlad teases me. "Nice work with the drawings last night. Your comic entries in the contest were totally rad."

I shake my head. "Vlad, no one says rad anymore."

Vlad looks at me in shock. "Whaaat? They don't? Dude..."

"Vlad, are you high?"

He laughs nervously. "What? Nooo. What makes you say that?"

"She ain't blind," Cordelia says, her southern draw strong despite her punk rock appearance. "She also ain't the best I've seen. I've seen better." I've gotten used to her mock teasing. It caught me off guard at first, but she winks my way, and I know she's proud. She has a funny way of showing her affection.

"Oh, Darling," Arry says, taking my hands and kissing them dramatically. "Where has thou talent come hence from?" He places his hand on his forehead and closes his eyes. "So beautiful, yet so desperate. So sad."

"You know what's sad? You." I push Arry away. "Drama queen. What play are you preparing for now?"

Arry continues his silly dramatic poses and speech as we make our way out to the parking lot. "What dost thou mean? Dost thou not know my name? I am Sir Lancelot! Mightiest knight under King Arthur! I shant take you anywhere!" We always ride home with Arry and hang out at his house, but he stubbornly refuses to unlock the car door.